VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Stepping into Bigger Shoes / KMC XD231 Beadlock Install

ninemmbill

Great looking wheel and tire setup.

After checking out these wheels at the KMC booth and the Mint 400, these are going to be my next wheels as well.

Brute

Hooked
I have a question...I've always rechecked the torque on my bead lock rings while still on the Jeep with all the weight on the tires...it didn't occur to me to take the weight off the tires...should I?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a question...I've always rechecked the torque on my bead lock rings while still on the Jeep with all the weight on the tires...it didn't occur to me to take the weight off the tires...should I?

You're supposed to and depending on what beadlock you're working with, I would. On something like an ATX or KMC beadlock which have big bolts and really thick rings, I may not be as concerned but on anything thinner, it just takes one bolt to break to get more breaking too. It's like a zipper and it can be frightening.

aggrex

Great choice in wheels and tires! Awesome DIY beadlock tutorial. Didn't take long to move up to 37s....just went to the top of the class.

mud2moab

Jet Li

Here in Webster ,Texas I get a lot of grief from the local (LEO'S) over my bead locks, they claim that there are no DOT approved bead locks on the market. Do you not have that issue?
Here on the TEXAS coast every bolt installed gets some antisieze, you know incase you want to ever remove it again.
Thanks for the great videos.

Exodus 4x4

Here in Webster ,Texas I get a lot of grief from the local (LEO'S) over my bead locks, they claim that there are no DOT approved bead locks on the market. Do you not have that issue?
Here on the TEXAS coast every bolt installed gets some antisieze, you know incase you want to ever remove it again.

BAD and Hutchinson are DOT approved. Never met a LEO that knew the difference really, but then again by the time I start talking they’ve probably forgotten about the wheels and are more interested in tasing me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great choice in wheels and tires! Awesome DIY beadlock tutorial. Didn't take long to move up to 37s....just went to the top of the class.

Thanks! Glad you like the wheels and tires and the video :cool:

Well that sucks. Even back when we still lived in Kalifornia, we never had any problems. Out here in Nevada, it's the wild west. :yup:

BAD and Hutchinson are DOT approved. Never met a LEO that knew the difference really, but then again by the time I start talking they’ve probably forgotten about the wheels and are more interested in tasing me.

:shock: :cheesy: :D

Top Bottom