VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Taste of DIRT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loving the videos, And really love seeing how well it performs. But then again Farrier & I got a slight sneak peak with few of these stock in moab last year in april. Jeep was up there on Hell's Revenge and let us all watch them bring them up Hell's Gate. Handled just like that all stock. I'm very impressed with them. Keep the video's coming i'm enjoying watching this Journey for You & Cindy

Way cool that you were able to see that out in Moab. Glad you're enjoying the videos :cool:

ahh great!!! I just had to watch!!

Way to feed my addiction ...really, way to feed my addiction! :thumb:

That looks like a fun playground! jealous how easy it is to get to playgrounds like that.

I will escape Texas! lol

Couldn't be living the WAYALIFE if we didn't live a mile away from serious off roading. :cool:

Wethy

Watched the video as well! Looks like it worls well! I was wondering eddie, if the JL will let you turn the traction control off completely in 2wd unlike the 12+ JKs i know its a pain in my JK in 2wd because the ESP just eats the rear pads in the winter here

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Another awesome video.. I know it keeps you guys busy but hopefully this is a nightly thing! We're all enjoying this. Definitely imagine you were grinding teeth when the sliders started doing their job.... At least they were there!
Definitely looks super capable. Thank you guys for bringing us along and can't wait to see what you guys tackle next.

Awesome way to christen Jet-Li
Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man right on! Lol love the christening of jet li. We were waiting for that. Very impressive first day out. Happy for you guys.

LOL!! We were waiting for it too. Thanks :cool:

Very enjoyed this video, very well done. I really like guessing the different locations you've filmed. Awesome

Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Great job you are guys are going with running the site and giving us footage etc! I know it’s hard work, just wanted to say thanks!

Thank you, we appreciate you taking notice how hard it really is to do all this :blush:

Watched the video as well! Looks like it worls well! I was wondering eddie, if the JL will let you turn the traction control off completely in 2wd unlike the 12+ JKs i know its a pain in my JK in 2wd because the ESP just eats the rear pads in the winter here

Honestly, I don't know but I will try to look into it.

Another awesome video.. I know it keeps you guys busy but hopefully this is a nightly thing! We're all enjoying this. Definitely imagine you were grinding teeth when the sliders started doing their job.... At least they were there!
Definitely looks super capable. Thank you guys for bringing us along and can't wait to see what you guys tackle next.

Awesome way to christen Jet-Li

What I can tell you is that we'll keep cranking these videos out as we finish them up. We been working day and night on them and will most likely have to ease up a bit but for now, we've just been having so much fun :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
I know it's been a while since rubicat was stock, but what differences do you notice on first impression. Anything you can call out? Any possible concerns?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes. I remember my first scratches. Still puts a smile on my face. Nice video!

They are always good memories :cool:

I know it's been a while since rubicat was stock, but what differences do you notice on first impression. Anything you can call out? Any possible concerns?

"Concerns"? I don't know if I have any on the JL. This thing is way more comfortable on rough terrain and crawls better too. You're gonna love it. :yup:

RockingK

Wayalife

You two are putting a raw series together here that is totally unique and it shows that you guys are a living example of this Wayalife, totally digging it:pop2:

JAGS

Hooked
"Concerns"? I don't know if I have any on the JL. This thing is way more comfortable on rough terrain and crawls better too. You're gonna love it. :yup:

Was more curious I guess about the FAD and if you could sense anything different. Or the new steering. Probably will take more runs and bigger tires, etc. LOL. You did show the Rubi rails work though. [emoji51] ha ha

Hope to be out there with ya soon. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You two are putting a raw series together here that is totally unique and it shows that you guys are a living example of this Wayalife, totally digging it:pop2:

To be honest, we weren't sure how it'd fly or if anyone would like it. Certainly, it's vastly different than anything else we've done in the past. We literally had to strip everything down and keep it "raw" as you put it just to try and keep up with the pace. But, documenting our JL is something we've been wanting to do and like the title suggests, it's a journal - more for us than anything but we're glad to hear people like you are enjoying it too :yup:

Great video, Eddy. I always enjoy watching your videos, they are very informative.

Ron

Thank you. We really do appreciate it.

Was more curious I guess about the FAD and if you could sense anything different. Or the new steering. Probably will take more runs and bigger tires, etc. LOL. You did show the Rubi rails work though. [emoji51] ha ha

Hope to be out there with ya soon. [emoji106]

Couldn't feel or tell that we had an FAD. Steering was great but like you said, might take running bigger tires to tell.

Thx to you both for all your hard work making these stellar videos![emoji631]

We're so glad you're enjoying the new series :)

Ha ha alright. Itll be interesting to know. If i recall on my jk in 2wd even pressing the traction button leaves it partially on all the time. But in 4wd you can hold it to have the escoff pop up like kn 4low.

In 4LO, it's off for sure and chimes at you every time you start the engine. I do believe there is a button to turn it off in 4HI as well.

Hohertz

Loving these JL videos. Great to get your honest and raw feedback as you experience each new part of the Jeep, like taking it to the dirt for the first time. It looks just awesome and I can't wait to get one myself. I notice at first in the video you mentioned leaving the tires at street pressure. Did you air down prior to some of the harder stuff on the rocks?

DH2002

I’m not gonna lie I cringed when I heard the sliders hit. I know it’s suppose to do it but being so new.....lol

Wethy

To be honest, we weren't sure how it'd fly or if anyone would like it. Certainly, it's vastly different than anything else we've done in the past. We literally had to strip everything down and keep it "raw" as you put it just to try and keep up with the pace. But, documenting our JL is something we've been wanting to do and like the title suggests, it's a journal - more for us than anything but we're glad to hear people like you are enjoying it too :yup:

Thank you. We really do appreciate it.

Couldn't feel or tell that we had an FAD. Steering was great but like you said, might take running bigger tires to tell.

We're so glad you're enjoying the new series :)

In 4LO, it's off for sure and chimes at you every time you start the engine. I do believe there is a button to turn it off in 4HI as well.
Based on that it sounds just like the JKs then. Which doesnt surprise me, lol. Why would they revert back. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loving these JL videos. Great to get your honest and raw feedback as you experience each new part of the Jeep, like taking it to the dirt for the first time. It looks just awesome and I can't wait to get one myself. I notice at first in the video you mentioned leaving the tires at street pressure. Did you air down prior to some of the harder stuff on the rocks?

Well, we appreciate it. All we hope to do is share our experiences with guys like you. Regarding our tires, we ran everything you saw at full street pressure which is 45 psi.

I’m not gonna lie I cringed when I heard the sliders hit. I know it’s suppose to do it but being so new.....lol

LOL!! Trust me, I cringed too :shock: :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom