VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Taste of DIRT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
looks like you have a bunch of local trails to choose from, great seeing another trail video from you and Cindy, many Thanks
looking forward to your mods on the new rig

It's why we live where we live :yup:

watched this a couple times and was wondering if you could have made that last hill with out lockers ?

Never said I was using lockers :cool:
Or, did you mean the rocky wedge? That, sure, I could have done it with momentum.

Once again another great video!

Thanks! Glad you liked it :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can’t afford a new JL, didn’t think I would want one but you have me thinking about selling some toys now. Great video, the JL looks like a definite JK killer.

Bone stock, yes, the JL is a JK killer. But, there are a lot more aftermarket options for the JK right now.

SDBackcountry

Full Stuff

I was surprised the front drivers side u joint or axle didn't break when you were in full stuff with it. A stock JK would have definitely left you swearing there after enabling your lockers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was surprised the front drivers side u joint or axle didn't break when you were in full stuff with it. A stock JK would have definitely left you swearing there after enabling your lockers.

I dunno. For sure the driver side front u-joint is typically the first thing to go but I've been able to push my JK's pretty hard back when they were still running factory shafts and without them instantly self destructing over obstacles like you see in this video. :idontknow:

kirame2

Guess Renegade is a lost cause?

It was all that Cindy and I could do to not take JET Li, our brand new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited out on the trail immediately after buying him. And, after spending 3 days of documenting everything we could and taking photos inside and out, it was finally time give him his very first taste of dirt! As luck would have it, that dirt is just down the street from us and in this episode of the JL Journal, you'll get to see us do some basic testing off road such as: shifting into 4WD, testing out the suspension and ride quality of the JL on rough terrain, shifting into 4-Low, disconnect the sway bar and taking some baby steps up some bigger rocks. It isn't much but we even locked up his axles and pushed him just a bit further, resulting in his very first cuts and bruises. We hope you enjoy.

JL JOURNAL is a WAYALIFE Production with a focus on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler. This YouTube video series will highlight every aspect of our Jeep JL Wrangler and of course, all the adventures that it takes us on. We hope that you'll follow us along on our journey.

So economics dictates that continued stories, rides etc with Renegade are pointless?

woof359

land use

being from the mid west and following all your off road trips I was wondering about off road use, can you just leave the hiway any where you want and just drive cross country ?? I see some of this on the Motor Trend channel too Dirt Evert Day guys just going for it, looks fun but what about hidden holes and rocks , Towing it back ? Love your videos, Thanks for taking the time to make and post them.

Top Bottom