VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Look Behind the Fenders

JAGS

Hooked
From what I’ve seen, no trimming will be needed or at least up to a 37.

No shit? That in and of itself will drastically change the look of built JLs. Full fenders and fender liners intact. [emoji41]

No impact on low center of gravity or amount of articulation... It's gonna be hard not to rush out and put 37s on it right away.

TrailHunter

Hooked
From what I’ve seen, no trimming will be needed or at least up to a 37.

This may be a dumb question..... but are the wheel well openings (not the fenders & besides the rear pinch seam) all around bigger on the JL or is it mainly just the fenders that are creating the extra space....?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No shit? That in and of itself will drastically change the look of built JLs. Full fenders and fender liners intact. [emoji41]

No impact on low center of gravity or amount of articulation... It's gonna be hard not to rush out and put 37s on it right away.

I'm ordering up 37's and going right to them as soon as I can :yup:

This may be a dumb question..... but are the wheel well openings (not the fenders & besides the rear pinch seam) all around bigger on the JL or is it mainly just the fenders that are creating the extra space....?

From the looks of it, the wheel wells themselves are BIGGER than the JK :yup:

Looks tight in the rear for a bigger shock mount for a coilover. We shall see.

Thanks for the overview!

You know it's gonna happen. Just gotta run wheels with less back spacing :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing the new finds!

Thanks Rachel, looking forward to unveiling more about the JL :yup:

Thanks for the first look into this. It’s very interesting.

Glad you liked it Clay :cool:

Great video I can’t wait to see your and Cindy’s new JL. Wow that will be awesome to watch your JL build from start to finish. [emoji1360]

It'll be a first for sure but I think it'll be fun to document the growth of our JL from the very beginning :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You know it's gonna happen. Just gotta run wheels with less back spacing :thumb:

I meant more for that evap and extending the shock mount farther up. Interested to see what happens though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I like the approach to this "look behind" series. Will really help to understand what to expect and plan on JL vs Jk. Then again, maybe the JLs are designed so fewer mods are needed.
Nice first in a series. Looking forward to the future ones.

JAGS

Hooked

Perfect. I call dibs on your 37s when you quickly upgrade to 40s. [emoji6] Lol.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting the video, good information. Looking forward to learning more about the JL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the approach to this "look behind" series. Will really help to understand what to expect and plan on JL vs Jk. Then again, maybe the JLs are designed so fewer mods are needed.
Nice first in a series. Looking forward to the future ones.

Thanks Et. I have a feeling that the JL will require fewer mods to get to where we want to be [emoji1303]

Trail Bud

Hooked
Very interesting, looks like the wire harness in the wheel well would cause issues with a big tire tucking up there.
Will you need a aftermarket steering box for 37”? If yes would you have to use a hydraulic pump?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting, looks like the wire harness in the wheel well would cause issues with a big tire tucking up there.
Will you need a aftermarket steering box for 37”? If yes would you have to use a hydraulic pump?

So far, everything points to NO need for a ram assist for 37's. The new electric pump should get the job done. But, I'll let you know for sure very soon :)

PUNKN

Auto start/stop

Auto start/stop sounds frightening on the trail. I drove a car in Ireland with that. The delay between throttle movement and vehicle movement was noticeable at a stoplight. Can't imagine that on the trail. I hope they have that lag cured.

Top Bottom