VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - EVO Tire Carrier Installation

WJCO

Meme King
I saw someone used the evo bracket & mounted it behind the wheel to the carrier by drilling and tapping a hole... I cant remember who it was though. I haven't put mine back on since I lost the screws to the back up cam, those suckers are too small to be removing all the time.

ETA: I was assuming you had the JL, the JK stuff is different I'm sure... Nevermind

I think he is talking about his JL.

WJCO

Meme King
I saw someone used the evo bracket & mounted it behind the wheel to the carrier by drilling and tapping a hole... I cant remember who it was though. I haven't put mine back on since I lost the screws to the back up cam, those suckers are too small to be removing all the time.

ETA: I was assuming you had the JL, the JK stuff is different I'm sure... Nevermind

I think he is talking about his JL. Not his JK.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Yea talking about the JL.

Yea I will have to figure something out. I don’t really need it since I haven’t ran one on my JK in years but figured I would try with this one

Andy5160

Hooked
Yea talking about the JL.

Yea I will have to figure something out. I don’t really need it since I haven’t ran one on my JK in years but figured I would try with this one

Are you keeping factory license plate location?

There are relocation kits out there to move the plate to the spare wheel including the stop light

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Are you keeping factory license plate location?

There are relocation kits out there to move the plate to the spare wheel including the stop light

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes but I don’t want the light in front of the tire. It will be a pain in the ass to take off for every tire rotation.

jdofmemi

How is everyone mounting their third brake light? It’s “required” here in pa. Gonna run without it for a bit but would like to hook it up somehow. I do 5 tire rotates so morning I’m front of spare isn’t an option due to frequency of rotates

Here is my post where I put the brake light in behind the tire.
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/56685-The-rise-of-Olaf-The-JL/page6
It shows plenty well between the spokes, so it should keep you legal.

Follow to the next page to see what I did to protect the camera, as you will surely get it one time putting the tire on and off while doing a rotation.

Top Bottom