VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : BOMBS AWAY - EVO Bomber Rocker Guards w/ Skins INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, after running EVO bombers for some time now what your thoughts and the feedback on them is..?
TY.
So, I have to say, they've held up way better than I was expecting them to. I have managed to crush in one side a little but that was when we were back in Maine and I had to really give it. Tons of throttle and then slamming stupid hard on top of a slick as snot rock. Since that time, I have not had any issues. As far as looks go, I think they look way better than MOST options out there.

With that said, I think I can safely say that I would highly recommend them.

benatc1

Hooked
Have you seen many people running them without the rock skins? And do you know if you can add rock skins later, assuming you weren't prepared to drill those yet. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you seen many people running them without the rock skins? And do you know if you can add rock skins later, assuming you weren't prepared to drill those yet. Lol
Oh yeah, lots of people don't run the skins. Hell, Mel doesn't even run them on his Gladiator and hadn't on his previous one. And yes, you can add the skins on at a later time.

benatc1

Hooked
Oh yeah, lots of people don't run the skins. Hell, Mel doesn't even run them on his Gladiator and hadn't on his previous one. And yes, you can add the skins on at a later time.
Been thinking about these for a while and wanted to get a step surface not long after I install the lift, but also don't want to commit to those skins, think I will just go this route and down the road add the skins if I feel the need.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Been thinking about these for a while and wanted to get a step surface not long after I install the lift, but also don't want to commit to those skins, think I will just go this route and down the road add the skins if I feel the need.
I have these installed without the skins and they are perfect! Just don't install them in 100+ degree weather lol

benatc1

Hooked
does anyone know, or can take a measurement on about how wide the step surface is on these? Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
does anyone know, or can take a measurement on about how wide the step surface is on these? Thanks in advance
Where it would count as a step, about 2.5". Unlike a tube rocker guard, it is very flat and I personally think more useable.

benatc1

Hooked
Where it would count as a step, about 2.5". Unlike a tube rocker guard, it is very flat and I personally think more useable.
Yea that's not bad, and like you said you can actually step on that whole surface. I can't remember, did you powder coat yours or paint?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that's not bad, and like you said you can actually step on that whole surface. I can't remember, did you powder coat yours or paint?
If you turn your foot almost parallel to the slider, like how you would when climbing in or out of your Jeep, you'll find that there's a lot more step than you'd think. Cindy and I aren't exactly the tallest people in the world and our Gladiator isn't exactly short. Needless to say, we use it all the time.

Oh, I got mine raw and had them powder coated locally. It is my understanding that EVO has a new powder coater and it's much better but at the time, the outfit they were using kinda sucked.

benatc1

Hooked
If you turn your foot almost parallel to the slider, like how you would when climbing in or out of your Jeep, you'll find that there's a lot more step than you'd think. Cindy and I aren't exactly the tallest people in the world and our Gladiator isn't exactly short. Needless to say, we use it all the time.

Oh, I got mine raw and had them powder coated locally. It is my understanding that EVO has a new powder coater and it's much better but at the time, the outfit they were using kinda sucked.
Good to know, I think I'll have them done locally as well so the finish/color will match my front bumper. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom