VIDEO : IT'S THAT EASY - Re-installing a Hardtop Hanging from the Ceiling

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, there were a number of people who reached out to me and expressed concerns about our last video. Apparently, removing a Jeep Wrangler hard top and hanging it from the ceiling of a garage, seemed easy and intuitive enough but for some, the thought of putting it back on was somewhat intimidating. Needless to say, this video will show you just how easy, it really is to do.

We hope that you've been enjoying the PIPPI PROJECT :cool:

RECOMMENDED BUYS
Milwaukee Cordless Ratchet: https://amzn.to/3yn81Uk
Tekton Torx Bit Set: https://amzn.to/3Au4yoS

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I will say those corner straps without the wood would have been so much easier with the evo carrier and even just a larger spare. Wish I had known about that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will say those corner straps without the wood would have been so much easier with the evo carrier and even just a larger spare. Wish I had known about that.
I've been meaning to do an update showing this method for a few years now. It really does make things so much easier. You don't even really need to lift the top from the inside like a turtle as is shown in the video. With the front half lifted up, you can totally lift each corner by hand and move it back a bit. From there, you can hook it with ease.

Alandude58

Excellent video. Love it when you come out with new videos. When using the power Rachel, how far do you go? I’m afraid to strip out the nutserts.

DMF

She’s so cute!

I hate to admit I been using the ratchet straps incorrectly all this time. Didn’t know you can extend the straps like that. I have been just muscling the top off the hook and lowering it down. Thanks for the video Eddie.

jeeeep

Hooked
chicken pox?? at your age? damn, glad you're ok but now you get to look forward to shingles and that shit is painful.

The days of manually hoisting the hardtop and walking off the back end of the Jeep are so long ago... straps are so much easier!

Ripley tricks! (y)

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
One of the perks is to be able to very easily switch from one config to th other. My fav is when the weather gets iffy freedoms on and full doors , no hard top.

PS: get a Shingrix shot...that is WAY more useful than the covid crap!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as always. Sucks to get this far along in life and get the chicken pox.
Let me tell you, it wasn't fun.
Sucks about the chicken pocks, glad you are doing better!
Thank you. What really sucks is that it left me even more beautiful than I already was 🤪
Nice video 👍🏻 Love Ripley’s new tricks too! 🐾
Thank you :)
Excellent video. Love it when you come out with new videos. When using the power Rachel, how far do you go? I’m afraid to strip out the nutserts.
I assume you meant ratchet? I typically slow it down as it comes to the end just let the clutch stop it. That's about hand tight and all you really need. You can stop early and finish by hand too if you're concerned but it's never been a problem for me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
She’s so cute!

I hate to admit I been using the ratchet straps incorrectly all this time. Didn’t know you can extend the straps like that. I have been just muscling the top off the hook and lowering it down. Thanks for the video Eddie.
LOL - well then, I'm glad that we made this video to help guys like you :)
chicken pox?? at your age? damn, glad you're ok but now you get to look forward to shingles and that shit is painful.

The days of manually hoisting the hardtop and walking off the back end of the Jeep are so long ago... straps are so much easier!

Ripley tricks! (y)
Yeah, it really sucked too. Getting the shingles shot soon.
One of the perks is to be able to very easily switch from one config to th other. My fav is when the weather gets iffy freedoms on and full doors , no hard top.

PS: get a Shingrix shot...that is WAY more useful than the covid crap!
Yup, it's on the to do list!
Loved the tricks at the end!!
Another nice video.

The Ladies stole it in the end though (y)
LOL - yes they did :)

Brute

Hooked
Thanks for reminding me to get my shingle shot...when I was a kid, my next door neighbors kids got chicken pox. My dad made me and my sister go over and play with them all day to make sure we got it. We did. My dad taped some boxing gloves on our hands during the day so we wouldn't scratch ourselves...

So...when is Ripley getting her own channel?...

Trail Bud

Hooked
Thanks for reminding me to get my shingle shot...when I was a kid, my next door neighbors kids got chicken pox. My dad made me and my sister go over and play with them all day to make sure we got it. We did. My dad taped some boxing gloves on our hands during the day so we wouldn't scratch ourselves...

So...when is Ripley getting her own channel?...
I need that one too. My dad had shingles, it wasn’t good.
hope all is well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I simply use these on the back of my top.
View attachment 365903

website URL is https://topsyproducts.com/collectio...ducts/hinge-hoist-bracket-kit-jl-bracket-only

They also have a full strap kit, but I didn't get them since I have several sets of ratchet straps. Those hinge hooks, and soft strap for the front and up it goes. no transferring off a 2x4 at all needed.
$26 just for the brackets and $53 for the kit? Yeah, no thanks. And, since you seemed to have missed it, this isn't a thread that I started asking for opinions as to what other people chose to buy to hang up their tops. I started it to show people just how easy it is to put a hard top back on using my budget, DIY hard top hoist. And really, no offense here but not only do the brackets you posted up cost more, I personally think they look like ass sticking out of the top like that. Of course, that's just me.

Top Bottom