VIDEO : How to Install a Lift Kit on a Jeep Wrangler JL for Beginners

WJCO

Meme King
Great video. That must have taken a ton of time to film and edit.

In all of my years in the automotive industry, that is the first time I've seen that duct tape trick. Very smart move.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I am also curious about the yellow Jeep in the background. Did you get another one that we have not been introduced to yet?

Awesome video guys, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be the one referred to for many years. Learned a number of great tips. Iā€™ll be replacing all my control arms next week so the ā€œlifting the pinionā€ tip will be used right away.

JWasko

Caught the Bug
Great tutorial Eddie, watching you torquing the LCAā€™s brought back some nightmares. I need DirtHeadDavisā€™s arm workout if I need to retorque them at some point.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Brings back memories of when you guys installed something similar on JET ahead of the 2019 JLX. Alsoā€¦. Do I spot a yellow JKU in the background? Hmmā€¦. šŸ¤”
LOL - glad you enjoyed the video and yes, this is a similar video only, we feel like we've learned more about how to film things over the years and were hoping to improve upon it.

As far as the yellow JKU goes, it's AZVAJKU's. We're storing it for him until he can come back out this summer :)
That's going to help a lot of the "I don't think I can do it-er's"... Great install video. Very Detailed as always.
Honestly, that's all we could ever hope to do with a video like this - to help others find the confidence to do it themselves :)
Very cool! Itā€™s coming along great.
Thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That Rancho kit is really nice actually. Great starting point and great video!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the video and I have to say, this really isn't your dad's or even grand dad's Rancho lift kit. They have really upped their game and now make really nice parts that are beefy and finished well.
Very informative video. will help a lot if I ever put a lift on the JL 2 door.
Glad to hear it and hope that this video is helpful to you should you ever decide to lift your Jeep :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, super informative! The spray glue is genius. With that video anyone should be able to install their lift kit.

That yellow JK is pretty cool looking! šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£
I really do appreciate you saying as much and that was our goal with this video. To help make it possible for anyone who's wanting to lift their Jeep to be able to do it themselves. :cool:
Great video. That must have taken a ton of time to film and edit.

In all of my years in the automotive industry, that is the first time I've seen that duct tape trick. Very smart move.
Not gonna lie, this might be the toughest videos we've made and it's certainly the longest. We were actually concerned that nobody would watch it being that it's so long LOL

Regarding the duct tape, you KNOW that I learned to do that AFTER finding out the hard way what happens if you don't šŸ¤Ŗ
I am also curious about the yellow Jeep in the background. Did you get another one that we have not been introduced to yet?
LOL - as mentioned, it's AZVAJKU's awesome rig šŸ˜

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video guys, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be the one referred to for many years. Learned a number of great tips. Iā€™ll be replacing all my control arms next week so the ā€œlifting the pinionā€ tip will be used right away.
Thank you and if it can be of help to others and for years to come, we've done our job. I know you're no stranger to installing a lift and that you could still learn from what you saw is great. Of course, if you ever have questions down the road, please don't hesitate to ask. :)
Not going to lie... haven't watched it all yet :)
But as you know, I will.
LOL - well I hope you haven't watched it all! It's almost an hour and a half long and you should be working šŸ˜
Great tutorial Eddie, watching you torquing the LCAā€™s brought back some nightmares. I need DirtHeadDavisā€™s arm workout if I need to retorque them at some point.
LOL - sad truth is, I could have easily raised my Jeep up on the rack and that would have made everything so much easier. But, I was trying to illustrate how it could be done on jack stands. As far as DirtHeadDavis goes, I must have missed that arm workout session LOL

You guys certainly did a great job on this one. My hat is off to Cindy as well, getting some of those close up shots canā€™t be easy. As a former installer of a lot of these kits I can say that even I learned quite a bit and I know this is going to help a lot of people.

Hope to see you guys at some point in the near future. Itā€™s been too damn long!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys certainly did a great job on this one. My hat is off to Cindy as well, getting some of those close up shots canā€™t be easy. As a former installer of a lot of these kits I can say that even I learned quite a bit and I know this is going to help a lot of people.

Hope to see you guys at some point in the near future. Itā€™s been too damn long!
LOL - Cindy really has upped her game when it comes to getting really hard to get shots. Glad to hear you found some nuggets of information that you found to be useful and hope that as a whole, this video will empower others with the confidence they need to do something like this themselves.

Be good to see you again for sure. :)

Great video guys! That took some work for sure. Very detailed and simply explained. Will for sure help others out who want to do their own install šŸ‘šŸ¼

Glad to see more companies like Rancho adding the upgraded axle side coil isolators in their kits.

Now we wait for the YT comments šŸ¤£

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video guys! That took some work for sure. Very detailed and simply explained. Will for sure help others out who want to do their own install šŸ‘šŸ¼

Glad to see more companies like Rancho adding the upgraded axle side coil isolators in their kits.

Now we wait for the YT comments šŸ¤£
Thank you. It's a funny thing because, I know from experience that most people will still be intimidated and NOT do something like this themselves but for those who are willing to take on the challenge, we just wanted to help out as much as we can.

As far as the YT comments go, you just know there's are internet experts ready to chime in šŸ˜

Lunentucker

I just dropped this comment on the video and thought I'd share here as well. Maybe it will help some other old guys and keep them from dropping a "ball bearing" while trying to achieve 190 foot pounds of torque ;)

On those heavy torques , like the 190 on the LCA's, it can be tough, especially if you're working by yourself. If you'll look at the torque specs from Jeep's service manual, which I posted to your forums a few months back, you'll see that they specify X amount of torque PLUS X amount of degrees. If you don't have a torque wrench that goes to 190, or you just don't like the workout, you can set the initial lower torque using the torque wrench, and then do the additional degrees with your impact wrench. Placing index lines on your impact sockets makes it easier to keep up with how many degrees you're moving. If you go over by a little bit, don't worry about it. If you go way over, back up past the mark and bump it again. Another great video and I'm sending this one to a buddy who's been thinking about installing his own lift kit for some time, and he just needs a little boost in confidence to get it done!

Top Bottom