VIDEO : How Does ACCUAIR do on the WHOOPS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Driving the ACCUAIR Jeep Gladiator hard and fast across whoops is something that a lot of you have been wanting to see. Specifically, to help answer the question of, how does it compare to something like our Gladiator that's riding on EVO coilovers, bypass shocks (also known as double throw downs) and trailing arms. And, in this video, that's what we hope to show you.

Oh, one more thing. ACCUAIR has been so happy with the coverage we've been giving them, they now will be offering a discount for WAYALIFE members! Simply enter in WAYALIFE5 when checking out (y)

BUY WAYALIFE T-Shirts & MERCH: https://wayalife.myspreadshop.com/all

#jeep #airsuspension #whoops #accuair #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #offroad

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I’m surprised how well it looked like it took that. The interior camera never does it justice with how hard it is to keep steady lol
I think you nailed it. Camera in side never does justice and the lighting didn't do justice to the size of the whoops either. Sure, they were small by comparison to what we did with our Gladiator but they were still way bigger than our stock JL's could handle and we were hitting them hard.

Robar

The Enforcer
Very nice. It looks like the rear tried to get away a couple of times at the higher speeds, but it is impressive.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice. It looks like the rear tried to get away a couple of times at the higher speeds, but it is impressive.
Oh yeah, at higher speeds, the rear track bar was really amplifying the bounce of the air pistons. We were giving it but couldn't really get above 40 mph and keep it under some kind of control. Of course, I rarely see people in Jeeps hitting whoops this hard, even with coilovers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I had a JT I would definitely be giving this system a look . It seems like more than most would need in terms of performance I love the adjustability 👍
Adjustability, on the fly and with automatic corrections really is what makes this kit so cool. And, I would argue that it performs way better than a lot of kits I've tested out in the past and yes, will do more than most would need in terms of performance.

That was great! It did as well as I expected not having all the travel and higher-end shocks. I could be totally wrong, but it seems that a traditional suspension would’ve just exploded under the same test. It also shows just how badass your JT is.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I laughed way harder than I should have at the hula meter 🤣

great video on how it does and show case at what it is actually good at doing. It seems like the perfect kit for the “overland” group as well as the light rock crawler and just fire road explorer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was great! It did as well as I expected not having all the travel and higher-end shocks. I could be totally wrong, but it seems that a traditional suspension would’ve just exploded under the same test. It also shows just how badass your JT is.
Oh yeah, I think overall it did good on the whoops. We've run it in our stock JL's and there's no way they could go even that fast. I should note that even after beating on it, the shocks were just warm - not screaming hot like you would see on other kits.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I laughed way harder than I should have at the hula meter 🤣

great video on how it does and show case at what it is actually good at doing. It seems like the perfect kit for the “overland” group as well as the light rock crawler and just fire road explorer.
LOL - glad you could appreciate the hula meter 😁

jeeeep

Hooked
that's impressive for the abuse it took and no damage?

This video nailed its intended use; when loaded down, unless everything is tied down, not many will tear up the whoops at high speed.

Having the EVO LA/CO on my JLU is fun "when" I get to really use it but the ACCUAIR would have done everything I needed and then some.

Guess I need to move to feed the beast 😂

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Looked like there were some pretty bad washboards in one of those scenes. Did the kit do pretty good on those? I hate washboard roads but they are inevitable while off-roading. I always wonder what has rattled loose.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that's impressive for the abuse it took and no damage?

This video nailed its intended use; when loaded down, unless everything is tied down, not many will tear up the whoops at high speed.

Having the EVO LA/CO on my JLU is fun "when" I get to really use it but the ACCUAIR would have done everything I needed and then some.

Guess I need to move to feed the beast 😂
No damage and as I mentioned earlier, even the shocks weren't too hot. And no, I seriously doubt that MOST will get out and do what we just did in this video. Even in our Gladiator, it's fun to bomb across the whoops but it's also requires you to be really focused and that can get tiring. More times than not, it's just nice to cruise comfortably on a trail and I think the ACCUAIR kit does that well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looked like there were some pretty bad washboards in one of those scenes. Did the kit do pretty good on those? I hate washboard roads but they are inevitable while off-roading. I always wonder what has rattled loose.
Good eye but they weren't just washboards, what you were seeing is side by side chop. In my opinion, they are worse and yes, the ACCUAIR system feels better on them than most coil and shock setups I've tested.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And, in case it was missed, we were comparing the ACCUAIR Jeep against OUR Jeep Gladiator - not just any ol' Gladiator running x, y or z lift.

Good eye but they weren't just washboards, what you were seeing is side by side chop. In my opinion, they are worse and yes, the ACCUAIR system feels better on them than most coil and shock setups I've tested.
True… Over here we have lots of washboard fire roads that airing down to 18ish seems to help, but you still feel the suspension slapping around. I didn’t notice that with the accuair.

benatc1

Hooked
After watching, it appeared to do about as well as I thought it might in the whoops, but seems to run pretty smooth on the “fire road trail”. Which lets say it performed as well as, and maybe better then a quality coil/shock set up, with all the other functionality you get, it’s a pretty good value. Oh and I’m never gonna not love seeing Jaws tear up the whoops..

jaspernonces

I"m trying to figure out if I can run my fox 2.5 res shocks with this system? anybody know?

Top Bottom