VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 4 - NITTO JKX / Road to Reward Mine & Cerro Gordo

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Great Video, personally my fav ghost town is Calico but it is a bit of a Tourist trap, or the one in the mountain that nobody goes to... .
Sucks for the 15 amp but been there with the dieselway out in the mud and in winter and it sucks big time!! Fixed the same way:D

You could have shunted wires to the ventilator to have it on all the time to at least have power steering and brakes..but driving a go cart on 40's is an experience...:blush:

Can't wait to see the ep 5, i'd say 40:01....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Great Video, personally my fav ghost town is Calico but it is a bit of a Tourist trap, or the one in the mountain that nobody goes to... .
Sucks for the 15 amp but been there with the dieselway out in the mud and in winter and it sucks big time!! Fixed the same way:D

You could have shunted wires to the ventilator to have it on all the time to at least have power steering and brakes..but driving a go cart on 40's is an experience...:blush:

Lol have you ever been to any other ghost town? Calico is about the worst of the worst as far as ghost towns.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

rubiDave

Weird that the fuse blew and shut you down like that. Any idea why, just too hot under the hood? I have never seen brakes smoke like that, how'd the pads & rotors look after that?

Guessing 40:11 for the next one.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent video, Eddie! As an amateur photographer, i am consistently impressed by the shots you and Cindy get in these videos. You guys have amazing cinematography skills! Love the footage inside the dark mine and how you include the non-wheeling moments for the complete experience.

Was wondering why you guys couldnt find the blown fuse in the field. Looks like Mel even used a continuity tester, so it should have been pretty easy to find unless you didnt test all the fuses or were overlooking something. Just seems like there might be a best practice learning here for future reference.

Great video!

We're flattered that you would say as much, thank you.

Regarding the fuse, you'll have to tune into Part 5 to find out :)

Being that you live in France, I would imagine Calico is the only ghost town you've been able to see but the next time you're out this way, let me know. Even among tourist traps, there really are far better you can visit and even in California. :yup:

Lol have you ever been to any other ghost town? Calico is about the worst of the worst as far as ghost towns.

In all fairness, I don't think he's from around here.

Weird that the fuse blew and shut you down like that. Any idea why, just too hot under the hood? I have never seen brakes smoke like that, how'd the pads & rotors look after that?

Guessing 40:11 for the next one.

You'll have to watch Part 5 :)

frenchjk

Caught the Bug

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yup but not since a long time ago. Last ghost town i visited was NYC...:D:D:D plenty of pale distraught faces there!!!::yup:

mauijim

Another great video. I never wanna see anybody having issues on trails or trips but ya it happens to the best of us. I was just glad to see that you put that in your video and shared it with us all. I’ve always wondered if there were any times of trouble you had on trails but just edited them out. Hopefully you got it all figured out, and was great seeing Moby out again

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom