VIDEO : Flex Testing EVO Trailing Arms on the Rocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EVO Trailing Arms on a Jeep Gladiator offer a crazy amount of vertical travel and enough so to make it a challenge to work with off the shelf aftermarket parts, like the RockJock 4x4 Antirock system that we installed and showed in our previous video. Fortunately, we were able to find a fix for it and that's what you'll get to see now, along with some of the bit flex testing we did, out on the rocks and to verify as much.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #pscsteering #kchighlights #warn #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #prerunner #desert #mojave #rockcrawling #flextest

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great to see you fixed the link connection issue. Still sucks that the axle isn't centered.
Thanks! And yeah, the axle being off is a bummer. Hoping to make some kind of minor correction to it though. Just to help out.

jeeeep

Hooked
I like "just need to take it down the street" bam, RTI ramp made out of natural elements!

That made a big improvement, didn't realize they had that much torsion in them to control it that well.

guess longer is better :mad: lol

All kidding aside, I was sure the straight anti-rock arm would've smashed into the lower section of the wheel well when stuffed.

Did you disable the stock disconnect with the tazer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like "just need to take it down the street" bam, RTI ramp made out of natural elements!

That made a big improvement, didn't realize they had that much torsion in them to control it that well.

guess longer is better :mad: lol
LOL - I should note that a standard Antirock is 25 splines and the torsion bar has a softer rating. They now offer their new HD torsion bar with 28 spline and we purposefully went with it to help provide greater stability when bombing across the desert. That said, we knew it would also offer a lot more resistance and that is something we were wanting and for the reasons stated in the video.
All kidding aside, I was sure the straight anti-rock arm would've smashed into the lower section of the wheel well when stuffed.
I measured everything out and at a full vertical bump, it should clear and with a tad more room to spare.
Did you disable the stock disconnect with the tazer?
Yes. Without the Tazer, we would have a light on the dash.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Crazy massive flex!

Great video, I really enjoyed the analysis of what was going on under the Gladiator with the components.

Brute

Hooked
Did you notice if your rear bumps are in contact on level ground at speed when you bottom out your shocks?…

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy massive flex!

Great video, I really enjoyed the analysis of what was going on under the Gladiator with the components.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it and yes, it really has crazy massive flex and on a rig that was really made to just go super fast.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you notice if your rear bumps are in contact on level ground at speed when you bottom out your shocks?…
Although the suspension was setup to make full bump, I can't say that we've EVER bottomed out our shocks or have had the air bumps make full contact, even bombing across knee high whoops at 60 mph.

Brute

Hooked
Although the suspension was setup to make full bump, I can't say that we've EVER bottomed out our shocks or have had the air bumps make full contact, even bombing across knee high whoops at 60 mph.
I had to add spacers to the axle stops so my bumps would make contact on full shock cycle…before I changed the spring rate from 200/250 to 400/450, my shocks would bottom out…on the hwy, with a full camping/ fishing load and an XVenture trailer… image.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Looks good, glad you got some issues sorted out, sems like the next issue is going to be keeping the tire off the shocks. Which seems like there is very little room no matter what

pop2tu

That is amazing flex. I would have thought the JK arms were going to hit on the wheel wells. Glad you have clearance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had to add spacers to the axle stops so my bumps would make contact on full shock cycle…before I changed the spring rate from 200/250 to 400/450, my shocks would bottom out…on the hwy, with a full camping/ fishing load and an XVenture trailer… View attachment 388240
Like I said, we never bottom out our rear shocks. The air bumps are set to soak up any hit before that were to happen and we never even come close.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good, glad you got some issues sorted out, sems like the next issue is going to be keeping the tire off the shocks. Which seems like there is very little room no matter what
I think between recenter the axle and wheel spacers, we should be able to address this. :)

Oh man, here come the anti wheel spacer experts in the comments...

Lol, rubbing or not you could practically sit on top of that 42" and enjoy a cold drink on the trail under the shade of the fender. 🤣 Friggin crazy!

Glad you're getting closer to working it all out, the JK arms are a great fix.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, here come the anti wheel spacer experts in the comments...

Lol, rubbing or not you could practically sit on top of that 42" and enjoy a cold drink on the trail under the shade of the fender. 🤣 Friggin crazy!

Glad you're getting closer to working it all out, the JK arms are a great fix.
Too funny and thank you. Still got work to do for sure but definitely getting closer :)

Top Bottom