VIDEO - EVO JK SPORT CAGE INSTALL : 2011-17 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should add that there is absolutely NO interference with the air blowing out of the defroster.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
EVO sure nailed the visibility issue with this cage. The entire windshield section looks fantastic.

black pearl

Hooked
I really like the look of this cage !! Definitely on my radar now for a upgrade. Maybe I need to watch the video again to see but were you able to reinstall the upper windshield trim?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know they're done designing it. Should be out or very soon. But, like you, I'm pretty happy with what we've got in Moby.

So, any actual date on when the re-designed one will be available?? I want to do a cage in my JKU and the more I look at the EVO one the less I am looking at RH....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the look of this cage !! Definitely on my radar now for a upgrade. Maybe I need to watch the video again to see but were you able to reinstall the upper windshield trim?

As in, the windshield header trim that the sun visors attach to? If so, it was never removed. If you're referring to the a-pillar trim, the cage completely replaces it and with a factory like look.

So, any actual date on when the re-designed one will be available?? I want to do a cage in my JKU and the more I look at the EVO one the less I am looking at RH....

To the best of my knowledge, it should be available now but I would call them to verify as much before placing your order.

benatc1

Hooked
Great video and install. Really do like the look of the cage. While I am happy with my rock hard I do like the added features of the cross members EVO has

jeeeep

Hooked
that looked pretty easy.

The top center support frame looks like it sits up a little higher.

I'm more careful now but every once in a while I still smack my head on the HR center section when reaching across the Jeep

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Another fantastic production! Also answered my question on if the C pillar kit from RockHard would work with the rear C support beam. Thank you both for the hard work you put in to making this video!

Rwa

I wonder if one could get the A piller posts with out the threaded holes ? This way I could use the holes already in my pinch seams as a guide and not have a bunch of extra holes .

GeckoJKU

Okay here is what the RH looks like in relation to the vents on my 2014. View attachment 257803

Thanks for the comparison! Couldn't log back in on my phone for whatever reason to be able to reply earlier lol.

Just found out that someone locally has an EVO cage on order, I may have to go help out with the install before making a decision. The picture thread gives an awesome perspective, but as stated..the camera can't always capture a human perspective. 👍

Thanks for the comparison! Couldn't log back in on my phone for whatever reason to be able to reply earlier lol.

Just found out that someone locally has an EVO cage on order, I may have to go help out with the install before making a decision. The picture thread gives an awesome perspective, but as stated..the camera can't always capture a human perspective. [emoji106]

Honestly if I had it to do over again I'd go with the EVO. I had already gotten my RH cage back from powder coating when the EVO cage became available. And after installing it I can say that it seems the ORE put a lot more thought into the actual install and I believe it to be much more practical and user friendly. At some point I will swap mine to the ORE

GeckoJKU

Honestly if I had it to do over again I'd go with the EVO. I had already gotten my RH cage back from powder coating when the EVO cage became available. And after installing it I can say that it seems the ORE put a lot more thought into the actual install and I believe it to be much more practical and user friendly. At some point I will swap mine to the ORE

I appreciate the input. Best way to find answers is to ask the people who have the products!

Andy5160

Hooked
Just finished watching. Thanks for this well made install video it will deffinetly come in handy for many of us out there who choose to go with this cage.

Last edited:

JK2DR

Do the crossbars on the RH or evo hang low enough to get in the way? If I sit in the passenger seat of my jeep now my head hits the soundbar if the seat is slid back all the way.
Would like to do a cage but not sure if its going to cut back on headroom even more

Top Bottom