VIDEO : Does Geometry Really Make a Difference? SEMA 2023 - BONUS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the reasons why a lot of lifted Jeeps ride and handle so poorly is because the suspension and steering components on them, no longer sit the way they were designed to be. At SEMA 2023, ORZ USA came to show off their all new 4.5" Georise Suspension System which among other things, provides complete geometry correction for not only the front of a JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator but for the rear as well. Does it really make a difference? Well, I got invited to test it out for myself and in this video, you'll get to see and hear some of my impressions of it.

#sema2023 #jeep #wayalife #semashow2023 #sema #semashow #jeepwrangler #jeepgladiator #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiatortruck #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #lasvegas #lvcc #lasvegasconventioncenter #overland #overlanding #orzusa #georise #45georise #suspensionsystem #liftkit #factoryride #geometrycorrection

Last edited by a moderator:

Brute

Hooked
Thanks for the video...There are quite a few people that are looking for factory quality ride for their JL that is a daily driver or have a much more heavily modified rig for the trail...

boardsurfer

Looks like a well executed setup. With that much lift I would expect a good amount of articulation and it certainly delivered there. Maybe I'm stuck in the old ways, but 4.5 inches of lift seems like a lot unless you're running 40s or something and thats gotta be a rare setup for 2 door. On the other hand, maybe the point of the 2 door was to show a stock ride and feel with a ridiculous amount of lift. Flaws would be a lot harder to feel in a long wheelbase JT or JL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the video...There are quite a few people that are looking for factory quality ride for their JL that is a daily driver or have a much more heavily modified rig for the trail...
Glad you enjoyed the video. While this kit is clearly not for everyone, I do think ORZ tried really really hard to make it feel as factory as possible and then take it a step further and make it even better. While I'm no fan of drop brackets, I do think they did a good job of correcting geometry and for most people, I do think they'll enjoy the ride it provides on a daily basis.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a well executed setup. With that much lift I would expect a good amount of articulation and it certainly delivered there. Maybe I'm stuck in the old ways, but 4.5 inches of lift seems like a lot unless you're running 40s or something and thats gotta be a rare setup for 2 door. On the other hand, maybe the point of the 2 door was to show a stock ride and feel with a ridiculous amount of lift. Flaws would be a lot harder to feel in a long wheelbase JT or JL.
I think you put it well. On a 2-door with this much lift, your ride and handling would really suffer without addressing the geometry and based on my testing, I did find that it felt very stable and smooth.

That performed well on the rocks and it looked like the on-road performance was pretty good too, with what time you had to test that part. Didn’t look very stout though it seems, those knuckles looked smallish.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That performed well on the rocks and it looked like the on-road performance was pretty good too, with what time you had to test that part. Didn’t look very stout though it seems, those knuckles looked smallish.
Clearly, this kit isn't intended for everyone, especially those who want to play really hard. But then, I would say that about any kit that utilizes drop brackets. That said, I do feel that most people never use their Jeep in that manner and so for them, this kit does solve the issue of handling and ride quality pretty well.

jeeeep

Hooked
The fact that they addressed the back end to get the correct geometry IMO says a lot in that they aren't just wanting to be another lift company.
I like that they include knuckles making this a complete lift, not a lift that starts the domino effect of adding and changing parts to address all the issues this much lift would create.

I had a chuckle of their driver on the rocks, his facial expression "I should've worn my brown pants" completely relatable lol

One kit fits all with the exception of coils and shocks? are the knuckles steel or aluminum?

Too bad they can't let you have it for some serious testing, but I guess they've seen your AccuAir testing?

Clearly, this kit isn't intended for everyone, especially those who want to play really hard. But then, I would say that about any kit that utilizes drop brackets. That said, I do feel that most people never use their Jeep in that manner and so for them, this kit does solve the issue of handling and ride quality pretty well.
Agreed. I do think it’s better than the AEV lifts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that they addressed the back end to get the correct geometry IMO says a lot in that they aren't just wanting to be another lift company.
I like that they include knuckles making this a complete lift, not a lift that starts the domino effect of adding and changing parts to address all the issues this much lift would create.

I had a chuckle of their driver on the rocks, his facial expression "I should've worn my brown pants" completely relatable lol

One kit fits all with the exception of coils and shocks? are the knuckles steel or aluminum?

Too bad they can't let you have it for some serious testing, but I guess they've seen your AccuAir testing?
LOL - too funny.

They provide iron knuckles and yes, it would have been nice to have more than an hour to do some real testing.

Lperdue

It looks pretty similar to the rock jock raised knuckle and track bar relocation kit. The rear looks pretty interesting. Will they be selling it only as a full kit or can you mix and match? Hoping that they will give some competition to rock rock and their high steer kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It looks pretty similar to the rock jock raised knuckle and track bar relocation kit. The rear looks pretty interesting. Will they be selling it only as a full kit or can you mix and match? Hoping that they will give some competition to rock rock and their high steer kit.
I don't know, I'll have to ask. Competition is always a good thing 👍

WJCO

Meme King
Nice to see something a little different for correcting geometry. Seems well thought out. Very cool they were in Carson City and let you pay around with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see something a little different for correcting geometry. Seems well thought out. Very cool they were in Carson City and let you pay around with it.
It's probably the most different solution I've seen so far or at least, for the rear. Granted, I have a feeling there are limitations or at least, in regards to big flex but then, I really don't see a vast majority of people ever needing their Jeep to flex really big.

Super cool that they're in Carson City and I hope I get a chance to play around with their Gladiator someday. It is my understanding that they've done a good job of correcting the rear end on it too.

DaJudge

When I was considering drop brackets for my XJ there were of course two crowds.
The "You will get hung up on everything, it will be useless!" and
"The ride improvement is worth it and you won't get hung up on everything!"
Fortunately the latter were correct. I do drop on them a lot but I have never been stuck on something because of the brackets. With the really short arms on the XJ it made a huge difference in the ride and doing a long arm setup was out of the question at the time.
So if you aren't wanting to traverse boulder fields, these will probably work great.
The only question I have is, are they strong enough to handle being smashed on rocks? My REs on the XJ are really beefy. The bottoms are beat up, but they have never changed their shape.

Thanks for the video and the balanced commentary! (I am still trying to decide what to do with my Gladiator)

Top Bottom