VIDEO : DIY DOOR HANGER - Easy to make and all for about $16

kevman65

Hooked
Great idea, nice vid and write up. I would second the impact driver as you were sweating pretty hard running that ratchet :LOL:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea, nice vid and write up. I would second the impact driver as you were sweating pretty hard running that ratchet :LOL:
LOL - it always sucks to do an install video like this especially when you have all the right tools but are trying to keep it real for people who don't ๐Ÿคช

FFPulley77

Hooked
Canโ€™t wait to see if there are any hater comments about being sponsored by the local lumberyard... must be since youโ€™re using that sweet wooden gold for trivial things like hanging doors...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

WaltJKThompson

Great job! Iโ€™ll have to measure but the JK will have the same spacing for the eyelets?
I have scrap wood. So that saves 50% of the cost here in ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿคฃ. Think Iโ€™ll give mine a coat of white paint, to match my Jeep. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
also next year we will be moving into a place where I will have a proper garage. So I can bring it with me. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆOlllllllO๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

benatc1

Hooked
Just getting caught up, looks great, simple and takes up very little space on the wall when doors aren't on there

Primo82

Caught the Bug
This is pretty awesome just in how easy it is to build! Any ideas on how to make this work for 4 doors? I could make 2 of them but I feel like maybe adding 2x8's to the center and adding a second set of bolts on edge would stand the second set of doors out enough they would lay flat against the wall?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Canโ€™t wait to see if there are any hater comments about being sponsored by the local lumberyard... must be since youโ€™re using that sweet wooden gold for trivial things like hanging doors...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
:ROFLMAO: Too funny!!
Great idea, simple and elegant.
Thank you :)
It seems like if there is an earthquake (Eddie will be on the side that remains) or the wall is not perfectly vertical that the doors will move. Should there be a catch on the other side to keep them in place?
I've used this setup before and have never seen it to be a problem in the past.
Great job! Iโ€™ll have to measure but the JK will have the same spacing for the eyelets?
I have scrap wood. So that saves 50% of the cost here in ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿคฃ. Think Iโ€™ll give mine a coat of white paint, to match my Jeep. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
also next year we will be moving into a place where I will have a proper garage. So I can bring it with me. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆOlllllllO๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
JK is the same :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome idea! Thanks for the write up. (y)(y)
You bet and glad I could be of help :)
Just getting caught up, looks great, simple and takes up very little space on the wall when doors aren't on there
That's the best part about this setup, it takes up very little room when not in use :)
This is pretty awesome just in how easy it is to build! Any ideas on how to make this work for 4 doors? I could make 2 of them but I feel like maybe adding 2x8's to the center and adding a second set of bolts on edge would stand the second set of doors out enough they would lay flat against the wall?
In the past, I've just installed one up high and one low and stacked the doors. I put the rear doors up high and the fronts down low.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
You bet and glad I could be of help :)

That's the best part about this setup, it takes up very little room when not in use :)

In the past, I've just installed one up high and one low and stacked the doors. I put the rear doors up high and the fronts down low.
Cool, just in my head I was worried about the second set of door setting too high. But I'm sure I could make it work comfortably. Now to finish my garage so I can mount these up!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, just in my head I was worried about the second set of door setting too high. But I'm sure I could make it work comfortably. Now to finish my garage so I can mount these up!
I know what you mean. Full doors weigh about 62 lbs and even if you can hold it up high, it can be difficult to line up the hinge pins even in the best of situations. You just need to have the lower doors sit closer to the ground and then it isn't too bad to do both.

TheDragonTJH

First off, this is an awesome idea and a great write-up.
Has anyone else had a problem with the front doors bending the eyelets a bit? My fronts are sagging and I'm a little concerned about failure. I'd hate to come home and find my doors on the garage floor.

Top Bottom