VIDEO : Cool New Jeep Stuff at SEMA 2023 - DAY 1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A modular fastback hard top for a Jeep JL Wrangler, ambulance style rear bumper tire carrier for a Gladiator, a super beefy Dana 80 for just about any build, a sneak peek of a badass new coilover with applications for Bronco and Toyota Tacoma and all kinds of other stuff, can all be seen here on our official DAY 1 coverage of the 2023 SEMA Show.

#sema2023 #jeep #wayalife #semashow2023 #sema #semashow #jeepwrangler #jeepgladiator #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiatortruck #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #lasvegas #lvcc #lasvegasconventioncenter #realtruck #truckhero #ruggedridge #superlift #fastback #hardtop #matchbox #dana #spicer #danaspicer #spicerparts #dana80 #ultimateud80 #danaaxle #bronco #fordbronco #toyota #toyotatacoma #coilover #ohlins #ohlinsracingautomotive #semajeep

jeeeep

Hooked
Real Truck/ Rugged Ridge stepping up their game. I really like that hardtop, so many built in features and well thought out... except it's a fastback, going to have to think real hard about how much packing space is lost. Wonder what the angle is (nvm, I see it follows the cage with about a 10" gap? I can start thinking about how it affects my summer packing lol.

Will they offer it for the older JK's?

Their wrap around rear taillights look like they have a better fit than the Oracle but the light shape looks odd with so much black space around the light. That JT was nice (y)

I was really hoping Ohlin would've announced coilovers for the Jeeps. I like King but the adjustments Ohlin brings to the game is unmatched.
Guess I better pull the trigger on King oil and rebuild kit, it's been way past their recommended service time.

How may miles you racking up walking around?

Great work!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Real Truck/ Rugged Ridge stepping up their game. I really like that hardtop, so many built in features and well thought out... except it's a fastback, going to have to think real hard about how much packing space is lost. Wonder what the angle is (nvm, I see it follows the cage with about a 10" gap? I can start thinking about how it affects my summer packing lol.

Will they offer it for the older JK's?

Their wrap around rear taillights look like they have a better fit than the Oracle but the light shape looks odd with so much black space around the light. That JT was nice (y)

I was really hoping Ohlin would've announced coilovers for the Jeeps. I like King but the adjustments Ohlin brings to the game is unmatched.
Guess I better pull the trigger on King oil and rebuild kit, it's been way past their recommended service time.

How may miles you racking up walking around?

Great work!
For now, the top is only being made for the JL and like you, I'm kinda bummed that Ohlins doesn't already have a coilover for Jeeps. I'd be willing to bet you could totally make it work with EVO brackets.

Regarding the amount of walking I do, I once heard that if you walked every single isle in every single building it's something like 30 miles. I think just going from South Hall to West, it's a mile. Based on that, on average, I probably walk about 4-5 miles and sometimes more LOL

Breer

Caught the Bug
Really great video! I also wish the Ohlin coilovers were already available, gonna miss out unfortunately. The RR hardtop is awesome! The sunroofs are a nice touch, wish they'd make a JKU version!

Have you placed an order for the UD80 yet? 🤣

Looking forward to Day 2! 👍

biosyn

Caught the Bug
I'm curious to know what the dynamic weight rating for the integrated roof rails on that hard top. Were there support structures built in similar to the backbone system?

Thanks for putting in all that leg work at SEMA. lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really great video! I also wish the Ohlin coilovers were already available, gonna miss out unfortunately. The RR hardtop is awesome! The sunroofs are a nice touch, wish they'd make a JKU version!

Have you placed an order for the UD80 yet? 🤣

Looking forward to Day 2! 👍
LOL - not yet but soon. Glad you’re enjoying our coverage of the show 😎

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious to know what the dynamic weight rating for the integrated roof rails on that hard top. Were there support structures built in similar to the backbone system?

Thanks for putting in all that leg work at SEMA. lol
600 lbs and glad you’re liking our SEMA coverage 😎

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good coverage. What's the deal with the two fill plugs on the Dana 80 cover?
The lower hole is for a default factory fill. The upper hole is for a rig that is lifted and is running an aftermarket double cardan drive shaft. With the pinion rotated up to sit in line with the drive shaft, the proper fill point will change enough to warrant the higher port.

WJCO

Meme King
The lower hole is for a default factory fill. The upper hole is for a rig that is lifted and is running an aftermarket double cardan drive shaft. With the pinion rotated up to sit in line with the drive shaft, the proper fill point will change enough to warrant the higher port.
That's cool. I would have never thought of that.

Top Bottom