VIDEO : CODEX GLADIATOR - FRY em UP FRIDAY! 4WD Roasting of 40" Tires with a HELLCAT

Exodus 4x4

Another fail in my opinion. Why? Because the only place I’ve heard about this stunt was here. I can’t say if other social media sites were giving positive feedback, but I can tell you that EVERY single person I’ve stood around and talked to about this build has said it’s dumb and didn’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I did the same thing pulling a stump out of the ground last week with my stock Jeep [emoji848]. Only difference was that I was on grass [emoji38].

Seriously though, I think this forum is filled with mostly no nonsense people. Do it right the first time and don’t waste your money on junk are a couple of the major reasons we all hang here. We all know that this forum is a the place for accurate information from people that know their shit.

I personally think that Dynatrac makes a great product and one day I would like to have their products on my Jeep (just like most of us). This entire build missed the mark of what I would like to see. I was hoping for something more like Code One, badass, functional no nonsense, wheeling machine to showcase their products. This particular campaign just seams cheesy and cheap (although I’m sure it was anything but). Like Eddie mentioned, Jim is a smart guy and appealing to a different audience is probably a good move. After all, this audience is already sold.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I don’t understand the purpose of this build either, and would like to point out that Code1 was the same thing, it was a build that was more aligned with our interest, but it didn’t say “hey buy Dynatrac axles for your JL” either. All I got from code 1 was that 42s are bad ass and a LJ JL is pretty cool too. They have to build some thing to put the axles under, and use that vehicle to get their name out there, it’s doing what it’s supposed to do, it’s just a miss for us.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really, no need to thank me. It’s yours and Cindy’s passion that comes through with each video. It was painful to give it a thumbs down, but I did.

I honestly don’t think a professional film crew could capture what you do. Maybe their effects are Hollywood level, but just ain’t the same. No, I am not kissing ass.

LOL - well, we do appreciate it. The Milestar film crew came in a van filled with trick equipment and all we had was our Sony Handycam. :crazyeyes:

Eddie I honestly think you could chain Moby to a truck and do the same thing. I just don't get where they are going with this. I really think they are trying to be too many things at once. Overlander/flatbed crawler/ desert runner/hoonigan/off road camper/farrier/recovery chase vehicle/street outlaws/just pick something. It's the Swiss Army knife of Jeeps.

Actually, I think Tony at Dynatrac would say that a Swiss Army Knife is what he was trying to create. :crazyeyes:

We all know Dynatrac makes great products... I just think they went all wrong on this build.

If it would have just started with a Gladiator, Hellcat, and their axles people would have paid more attention. Instead it was cut one in half throw a new bed on the back put a motor in and rush it to expo. Yet it was missing their products.

Then it was look what we did now, our axles are on, let’s do a burnout.

Doing this burnout really threw me off. I mean, the very first thing I would have wanted to do with a build like this is see how it performs on the trail. I think that's what all of us would have wanted to see.

Another fail in my opinion. Why? Because the only place I’ve heard about this stunt was here. I can’t say if other social media sites were giving positive feedback, but I can tell you that EVERY single person I’ve stood around and talked to about this build has said it’s dumb and didn’t get it.

From what I'm told, everyone loves this build except for "my audience" as in, the people here on WAYALIFE or on our YouTube channel.

Powerfull , but a little useless.

LOL - it's a burnout and totally useless. But, it is getting a lot of people talking.

I’m not sure how this showcases the axles. You could do that stock... oh well, still a great company. Nice job on the video

Thanks, glad you were able to enjoy the video :)

I did the same thing pulling a stump out of the ground last week with my stock Jeep [emoji848]. Only difference was that I was on grass [emoji38].

Seriously though, I think this forum is filled with mostly no nonsense people. Do it right the first time and don’t waste your money on junk are a couple of the major reasons we all hang here. We all know that this forum is a the place for accurate information from people that know their shit.

I personally think that Dynatrac makes a great product and one day I would like to have their products on my Jeep (just like most of us). This entire build missed the mark of what I would like to see. I was hoping for something more like Code One, badass, functional no nonsense, wheeling machine to showcase their products. This particular campaign just seams cheesy and cheap (although I’m sure it was anything but). Like Eddie mentioned, Jim is a smart guy and appealing to a different audience is probably a good move. After all, this audience is already sold.

I think that's what the real deal is. People on here are already sold on Dynatrac. Trying to reach out to other people is most likely what they're wanting to do. I can't say I agree with them but I would also be the first to say that I'm not the best when it comes to marketing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t understand the purpose of this build either, and would like to point out that Code1 was the same thing, it was a build that was more aligned with our interest, but it didn’t say “hey buy Dynatrac axles for your JL” either. All I got from code 1 was that 42s are bad ass and a LJ JL is pretty cool too. They have to build some thing to put the axles under, and use that vehicle to get their name out there, it’s doing what it’s supposed to do, it’s just a miss for us.

This has always been my problem as well. CODE 1 did well on social media because it made people stop and stare but what I wanted to see is how it performed out on the trail. To this day, I still haven't seen it. CODEX should be an even better rig but so far, they've done a burnout and have it touring the country in dealership showrooms.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So.... I see a lot of you are looking at this thread, do you really have nothing to comment on? Love it or hate it, I'd love to hear what you think. :yup:

Glad to see them roast the Chinese rubber off. Maybe they will put some made in the USA tires on to go with their made in the USA axles and made in the USA jeep.

What’s not to like? A Hellcat powered rig lighting up all four. It’s just one of those things that fires a guy up.

Gun guys will be drawn to a clip of a full auto spraying lead.
Dirt bikers will be into a hill climb videos. Etc etc

And hell. Whether it’s for you or not. We are five pages deep talking about Dynatrac. They are doing something right....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see them roast the Chinese rubber off. Maybe they will put some made in the USA tires on to go with their made in the USA axles and made in the USA jeep.

LOL - Sadly, I don't think that will happen although it should.

What’s not to like? A Hellcat powered rig lighting up all four. It’s just one of those things that fires a guy up.

Gun guys will be drawn to a clip of a full auto spraying lead.
Dirt bikers will be into a hill climb videos. Etc etc

And hell. Whether it’s for you or not. We are five pages deep talking about Dynatrac. They are doing something right....

Exactly. Pretty much proof that they're doing something right even though I may not be feeling it.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I would rather see it kick ass out on a trail than doing a smokey burn out. If they make a good video of it on the rubicon or some where like that i think wayalife guys will get behind it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
It has been forty years since I was 16 but just enough juvenile mind left to say “Cool!” But I would rather see it in action on trails - one day perhaps.

jeeeep

Hooked
this build just doesn't say anything JT to me, it's another JKU/JLU mod gone wrong :doh:

The hellcat is cool but bleh, another burnout... now what? would really like to see it out on the trail or rally competition.

From Dynatrac's IG feed I though it was a tire promo - more of a partnership. IMO if they were highlighting Dynatrac axles, should've ended that with axle close ups...

With the exception of your clip's intro, kind of got the same message off your clip - smoke the tires, they didn't blow and the tires were still drivable.

Tires got sticky when hot but didn't chunk away and blow out...pretty good marketing for milestar IMO

This build just doesn't the initial WOW COOL! factor, it's a WTF WHY??

Maybe I should've stuck with the "nothing nice to say, don't say anything" :cheesy:

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’m gonna need a Hell Cat and some Pro Rocks. Probably won’t be doing much burn outs at all but at least I know I’ll have power and the axles to harness that power.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would rather see it kick ass out on a trail than doing a smokey burn out. If they make a good video of it on the rubicon or some where like that i think wayalife guys will get behind it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

You and me both. And, so you know, it is what I've been trying to tell them to do but they're convinced that a burnout is what everyone wanted to see. :idontknow:

It has been forty years since I was 16 but just enough juvenile mind left to say “Cool!” But I would rather see it in action on trails - one day perhaps.

LOL - and really, it was cool in a stupid juvenile kind of way. But, how this sells axles is beyond me.

this build just doesn't say anything JT to me, it's another JKU/JLU mod gone wrong :doh:

The hellcat is cool but bleh, another burnout... now what? would really like to see it out on the trail or rally competition.

From Dynatrac's IG feed I though it was a tire promo - more of a partnership. IMO if they were highlighting Dynatrac axles, should've ended that with axle close ups...

With the exception of your clip's intro, kind of got the same message off your clip - smoke the tires, they didn't blow and the tires were still drivable.

Tires got sticky when hot but didn't chunk away and blow out...pretty good marketing for milestar IMO

This build just doesn't the initial WOW COOL! factor, it's a WTF WHY??

Maybe I should've stuck with the "nothing nice to say, don't say anything" :cheesy:

It was a tire promo, Milestar filmed and produced the video on IG. We were just guests and decided to film what we could and make something of it.

longarmwj

Maybe it’s just the red neck side of me coming out, but I think it’s badass. One thing I know about those tires is when you heat them up they get super sticky. Having the ability to light all four up and have everything stay in tact is pretty impressive regardless of how you like the build or not.

First off you have to have the power to maintain the burnout, and secondly you have to have a drivetrain that can hold up to not only 700 horsepower, but super sticky tires trying to grab the pavement.

It’s not for everyone, but personally I love the sound of a set of mud terrains being destroyed behind a big V8, and the production quality was awesome.

Top Bottom