VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - Diving into the Tub of Our Jeep CJ5 Renegade [Part 5]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great. Love these videos. Also for plugging those holes, you can use those little orange foam ear plugs.

Hey, now that's an idea :crazyeyes:

The prep work really payed off, Jane is looking awesome and another great video. Can't wait to see what you post next.

It really is all in the prep. Do that right and everything else follows suit. :yup:

Another awesome video! Enjoying the transformation

Another great video, thanks for sharing.

This series showing the whole process is awesome! Thanks for taking the effort to share it with everyone!

Thank you :cool:

That's a lot of work...my back was getting sore just watching the video...but the end result was definitely worth it...

LOL!! I'm still feeling it :crazyeyes:

vgullotta

When Cindy and I first saw Jane, we really thought we could just bring her home, clean her up a bit and be happy using her as is. Of course, it didn’t take long for our simple cleaning to turn into stripping and welding and before we knew it, we were knee deep into breathing new life into much of her old iron. In this episode, we’ll be moving from the outside of her body and diving into her tub where we spent a lot of time scouring, sanding and cleaning it up before treating it with some POR 15. We then prepped everything to have everything bed lined with a durable coat of Raptor Liner. We hope you enjoy our presentation.

:cool:

That looks amazing. Keep it up! I wonder, does the original owner of Jane watch these videos? I bet he smiles at every step of the way =)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks amazing. Keep it up! I wonder, does the original owner of Jane watch these videos? I bet he smiles at every step of the way =)

Thanks! Jane has had a few different owners over the last 43 years but I would be interested to know if any of them would even care to see what became of her.

Definitely a great video and a great series. My favorite installment so far. I would love to have a workspace like yours.

Thank you. Been wanting a garage like this for a very long time. So glad that we were able to get one while I was still young enough to use it :yup:

Jane is looking good!

How many bottles of Raptor did you use in total?

I was able to get the bed completely lined with 3 bottles which is nice because now I have 1 extra just in case I need to do any touch up in the future.

Another excellent production!

Thank you :cool:

GraniteCrystal

Nice job! Paint makes such a difference.

Eddie, what mask do you recommend when painting? I have some cheap single use ones from Lowes but I still feel like my lungs don't work after spray painting in the garage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job! Paint makes such a difference.

Eddie, what mask do you recommend when painting? I have some cheap single use ones from Lowes but I still feel like my lungs don't work after spray painting in the garage.

I use a 3M respirator made for solvent and chemicals. It's probably a bit much if you're just spray painting stuff but you really want it if you're working with things like Xylene. Of course, it works well with everything else too.

Damtall55

Awesome video, as usual!! I enjoyed watching the Raptor Liner part and have an idea on how to do it!! Thanks for the lesson!!

M38A1Driver

Hey Eddie, Thanks for this video series. I have run into some of the same issues you did regarding the body work and found your tips helpful. I'm thinking about adding the sliders to my rig but will need to measure first because I think my tub is a bit shorter in that area. Keep em coming. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video, as usual!! I enjoyed watching the Raptor Liner part and have an idea on how to do it!! Thanks for the lesson!!

LOL!! Glad to know the video was helpful to you. Raptor lining is super easy to do, it just take a lot of time prepping everything :crazyeyes:

Hey Eddie, Thanks for this video series. I have run into some of the same issues you did regarding the body work and found your tips helpful. I'm thinking about adding the sliders to my rig but will need to measure first because I think my tub is a bit shorter in that area. Keep em coming. :thumb:

You are correct. The length of your front fenders should be shorter. That being said, I'm pretty sure there is more support for early CJ's than there are for intermediate ones like I have.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Finally got a chance to watch it and loved it!!

You may have already answered this but I'm not scrolling thru the whole thread lol. How is the raptor lining holding up after a few weeks of having it installed? Still sticking well? Were you happy with the texture of it over say line-x and the like?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got a chance to watch it and loved it!!

You may have already answered this but I'm not scrolling thru the whole thread lol. How is the raptor lining holding up after a few weeks of having it installed? Still sticking well? Were you happy with the texture of it over say line-x and the like?

So far, the Raptor Liner is holding up great but then, I haven't really had a chance to test it out in terms of UV rays and having gear slide around on it. What I do like about it is that it is staying nice and black and from what I have seen online, it should stay that way. While I am happy with the texture, I personally like the "feel" of Herculiner better. The later uses rubber bits and it's a bit softer because of it. What I've never really liked about Herculiner is that it fades like crazy and that's why I decided to go this route instead.

20170115114610-e55aab0e-me.jpg

Top Bottom