VIDEO : Bone Stock Jeep JL Wrangler Sport with Street Tires in the Snow

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video and a great reminder to us Jeep owners. We might get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow in my neck of the woods and as my Jeep is still at the shop I’ll get to play with a rental 2 doors JL Sport just like Pippi.
Glad you enjoyed the video and hope you have fun in your rental :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as usual, I've been running those same Michelin tires as Pipi for quite some time now due to how they handle on the ice. I think I've been through 4 sets on the duramax, 4 sets on the wife's old yukon & another on the new yukon. It's my favorite street tire ever.
I have to say, we're always surprised at how well these tires do. I keep waiting for them to let us down and they have yet to. Crazy!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I spent a winter working in Minnesota for a desert rat don’t care to ever see snow again . Cool video the dog looks like she’s enjoying it .
LOL - snow in the mid west is a bit different than in the west. Out there, it's a worrisome mess of cold and rust to come. Out here, it's still cold but you can at least have rust free fun :)

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome video! Looks like a bunch of fun. I bet the manual added to the excitement . The Honda Civic comment had me rolling 😂

btp226

It's always nice to get some snow over the holidays and although it wasn't a ton, it was plenty enough for Cindy and I to take Pippi, our bone stock Jeep JL Wrangler 2-Door Sport, out for her very first time in the white stuff. Of course, we've been eager to see how she would do, especially being that she still running a set of street tires and while it isn't anything too special or amazing, this video will show you how she did on iced over roads, in 2WD and playing on some slippery trails down the street from us in 4WD.

#snowwheeling #jeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #pippi #pippiproject #bonestock #streettires #snow #snowplay #snowdriving #drivinginthesnow #wayalife
Leela_20211224.jpg

Leela says Happy New Year from (pretty much) snow free southern New Hampshire. Thank you for all of your great videos over the years!

Last edited:

ScottofKSU

Caught the Bug
Man, I love your videos!
We only got a couple inches in Omaha over the weekend, but it got me my "sliding around corners" fix in the Jeep! I have been trying to get the wife's Challenger to slide corners using the engine, but the electronic nannies refuse to allow this to happen unless I turn everything to "Sport" or "Track" settings; which the wife knows to look for and squash before I can have any fun! LOL
Lastly, I so wish I had some nice trails near my house like you do! A big part of that I guess is living in Omaha, but hopefully my obituary won't suggest that I died here! Hoping to move to the San Juan's of Colorado when I retire in 10 or so years so I too will have plenty of trails close to home!

Bluman

I agree. Guess Jeep picked wisely when choosing a basic tire for their Jeeps.
I don't remember what street tires I had on my '07X but they looked to handle about the same. It felt like you had to deliberately break traction. It's just weird watching other drivers tiptoe around when you can dump the clutch in 2wd w/ an open diff and it just hooks up and goes. 😂

Re. the Civic comment and not exactly the type of comment you were trying to head off:
My FR-S could still go almost anywhere in up to 4" of snow but 100% of the time I was actively working to keep the back end from trying to pass me. Entirely different kind of fun. 😅

You all just need to pass some of that snow my way so I can play too.

FFPulley77

Hooked
Man, I love your videos!
We only got a couple inches in Omaha over the weekend, but it got me my "sliding around corners" fix in the Jeep! I have been trying to get the wife's Challenger to slide corners using the engine, but the electronic nannies refuse to allow this to happen unless I turn everything to "Sport" or "Track" settings; which the wife knows to look for and squash before I can have any fun! LOL
Lastly, I so wish I had some nice trails near my house like you do! A big part of that I guess is living in Omaha, but hopefully my obituary won't suggest that I died here! Hoping to move to the San Juan's of Colorado when I retire in 10 or so years so I too will have plenty of trails close to home!
FADCB2FF-AF32-4CF9-91DD-BBB332CAC4C2.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I love your videos!
I won't lie, the traction control on the JL is really impressive and yes, it took effort to break it free.

Great video! Pippi and Ripley look great playing out in the white stuff.

On the subject of the tires though, how would you say Trail Graps perform in the snow since I think you've run those before... 🤔 LOL

I'm making a trip out to Big Bear this weekend and Utah shortly after.

JAGS

Hooked
Watched this vid a few nights ago when it popped up while on the YT. What a blast. I hope Cindy had a nice whiskey made for her to warm her up from the exterior footage. Lol.

Ripley digging her nose into the snow was hilarious.

Top Bottom