VIDEO : BIGGER is BIGGER - 38x12.50R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

BTkillerr

Thank you for the update and the amazing video as always! If hadn't just replaced 2 of ATX wheels I might have bought those KMCs also. A couple of questions:
1.Where can I find the tires?? So far nobody has them listed and I am ready to replace my 6 year old Trail Grapplers.
2. I didn't balance my 40s, just added some beads and seemed to work fine. What is the recommendation for the Ridge Grapplers at 38"?

Thanks again for everything!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a great looking wheel and tire combination! Really a great addition to Jet and I think they would look awesome on our red JT. 🤔

Maybe it’s an optical illusion, but the Ridge Grapplers look wider than the Trail Grapplers.

I enjoyed the video however I admit that I am disappointed not to get any ‘Ripley Cam‘.
😢🤣
Actually, it's not an illusion. The KMC Tank wheels are 9" wide and the XD231's were 8.5". The wider wheel makes the tires look wider.

So sorry about not getting any clips of Ripley on this one. We were under the gun to get the video done. 🤪

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the update and the amazing video as always! If hadn't just replaced 2 of ATX wheels I might have bought those KMCs also. A couple of questions:
1.Where can I find the tires?? So far nobody has them listed and I am ready to replace my 6 year old Trail Grapplers.
2. I didn't balance my 40s, just added some beads and seemed to work fine. What is the recommendation for the Ridge Grapplers at 38"?

Thanks again for everything!
1. The tires should be showing up online and in stores soon.
2. Nitto makes very round tires and for the most part, you shouldn't need to balance them.

pop2tu

Wait, how do you get 100k out of a tire? I have 45k on my Nitto RG's and doubt they will last another 10k. Most I got was 75k out of a set of Duratrac's. I rotate and maintain psi religiously.
They are E rated tires so I run between 26-28psi. Rotate every 5k. Check tow about the same.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Love them seem to be versatile enough for my needs now...i'll ditch the STT Pro's when worn down and get those if i can find them here....I can't stand the sound of aging STT Pro's anymore, sound like cobblestones at high speed any time i'm on pavement.

SwedishJK

Great video and cool new offering! @wayoflife Eddie, could you post up actual measurements if possible? It is cool to see the side by side with the 40, 37 and 38, but what is the actual true height on them mounted? Thank you!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
These came out great! I really like the look of the gold bolts. I think these would look killer on the Gladiator.
Thanks! Really gave the black bolts a hard look but super glad we decided to go for gold :)
Great video! The wheels/tire combo looks great on Jet! (y)(y)
Thank you :)
Love them seem to be versatile enough for my needs now...i'll ditch the STT Pro's when worn down and get those if i can find them here....I can't stand the sound of aging STT Pro's anymore, sound like cobblestones at high speed any time i'm on pavement.
Yeah, even if you rotate often, they will get loud. So far, from what I have seen on Mel's and Dave's rigs, these stay quite for a long time.
Great video and cool new offering! @wayoflife Eddie, could you post up actual measurements if possible? It is cool to see the side by side with the 40, 37 and 38, but what is the actual true height on them mounted? Thank you!
So, what I can tell you is that these measure exactly 1" taller than a set of 37" Trail Grapplers. A ground up measurement and with the weight of the Jeep on them, they measure about 36.5". I will try to get a more exact measurement.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Here is how much I enjoy your videos, I already know how to do this (and it is a time consuming PITA) and I STILL watch it all. LOL
Also nice touch on the ant-seize mention too. When I run beadlocks out here, they get slathered and I ruin a new pair of shorts everytime!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here is how much I enjoy your videos, I already know how to do this (and it is a time consuming PITA) and I STILL watch it all. LOL
Also nice touch on the ant-seize mention too. When I run beadlocks out here, they get slathered and I ruin a new pair of shorts everytime!
:ROFLMAO: So nice to hear! And yes, if I lived in your neck of the woods, antiseize would be my friend.

kevman65

Hooked
Ahhhhh, but Ripley did have a cameo appearance and she was scoping the floor for wayward tools or puppy snacks.....

Top Bottom