V8 swap keeping the manual trans?

rockwell

Seems all V8 swaps I see are with automatics. Any swaps available that I can keep my 6 speed? Need the extra power when moving up to 40’s

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seems all V8 swaps I see are with automatics. Any swaps available that I can keep my 6 speed? Need the extra power when moving up to 40’s

I take it you've never driven a Jeep with an 8-speed automatic or a 10-speed. Even without a V8, they're far superior especially when it comes to power.

I take it you've never driven a Jeep with an 8-speed automatic or a 10-speed. Even without a V8, they're far superior especially when it comes to power.

I have not driven one with an 8/10 speed but I’m sure it’s an improvement. Moving up to 40’s next summer and am weighing options. Ruled out a supercharger, LS with auto is an option but a pricy one for me. I like the manual transmission, so if I can retain it to save time and money it’s also an option. If it’s a bad idea for some reason that would be good to know too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I would imagine advanced adapters make something that would work but I feel like most people that are dumping that kinda $ into a jeep typically rock crawl or mud which the auto tends to be preferred. Idk my 4dr with the 5.7 hemi is the 5 speed auto and my 2dr with the 3.6 has the 6 speed. The manual is just personal preference and I like driving it but the auto is easier to wheel. Not to start a debate about auto vs manual but I'm sure there is something out there to adapt the 6 speed. A stock 5.7 hemi challenger can be had with a 6 speed (might not be the same as the jeep one though).

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom