Using your winch as a hoist!

OJK12

So I've got a collection of stock wheels and tires taking up space in my garage and since I'm in the middle of restoring an XJ I need the room to do other things. So I used my winch and snatch block to hoist the wheels and tires into my garage attic. Worked pretty well! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450406929.677594.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450406977.763153.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450407000.679466.jpg

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Nice!

So far I've used my winch (and other recovery hear) for tree/stump removal...so far not to recovery my Jeep (fingers crossed).

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I saw something like that a while back to be used for garage attics. That one came thought a different spot in the ceiling however, which was awesome as it was basically a mini elevator so you could load it up and put things up way easier. If I had storage like that I would deff be using something like this, or go diy like you did and use the jeep.

seanb123

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450452677.510795.jpg

Before I had my winch we use to use snatch rope to get our quads onto the second floor during the winters. Great use. I try to use my winch for as much stuff as humanly possible now.

OJK12

View attachment 178495

Before I had my winch we use to use snatch rope to get our quads onto the second floor during the winters. Great use. I try to use my winch for as much stuff as humanly possible now.

That's a great idea for getting them out of the way. I have quads taking up space in my garage also but putting them upstairs is out of the question.

LeighP

Most winches have a note in the instructions to not be used as a lift..........Always figured if you were stupid enough to lift the vehicle off the ground with the winch, you deserved to get crushed under it when the brake failed.... :rolleyes2:
Can't see how you'd have a problem winching wheels into the ceiling like that, lol. :clap2:

Top Bottom