Upgrading to the next level RDE2ROK

:eek: On the bright side you will have the nicest jeep to sleep in down by the river. (Chris Farley reference)

:cheesy:

:cheesy:we say that all the time, park that jeep on the corner and hold a cardboard sign " Jesus loves you,and I need some wheelin money":crazyeyes:

You should have probably the most awesome 2 door JK I've seen in the Valley. I remember wheeling with you and a group on the back way to Crown King.

YES!!!! An awesome 2 door build to watch!! I'm excited for you! An atlas is in my near future as well (4 months,,or so) I see your jeep is an auto. How did you finally decide on which ratio to get? 4.3:1 vs 5:1? I have an auto and with the super low first I'm leaning toward the 4.3. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
You should have probably the most awesome 2 door JK I've seen in the Valley. I remember wheeling with you and a group on the back way to Crown King.
I remember Crown King, how are you doin highoctane? Are you back in Prescott?
Did you decide what size tires yet?
Nitto doesn't make a 42"!:doh: I found a deal on some 42" Goodyear MTRs, but I'm not crazy about them. (Weak Sidewalls) so I'm still looking. I may have to do the 40" Trail Grapplers.
YES!!!! An awesome 2 door build to watch!! I'm excited for you! An atlas is in my near future as well (4 months,,or so) I see your jeep is an auto. How did you finally decide on which ratio to get? 4.3:1 vs 5:1? I have an auto and with the super low first I'm leaning toward the 4.3. Your thoughts?
Well, with much discussion with other Jeepers, I decided to go 5;1. I will be running 5.38s in the axles and was planning on 42" tires. Two of my friends are running atlas, one is a 4spd in a JKU w/ 5.38s, the other is a 2spd 5;1, both with 40s and autos. The one with the 4spd wishes he had a 2spd 5;1. With the steep rugged rock crawling we have here in AZ the 5;1 seems to work best for us.:thumb:

You should get some pitbull rockers!

Same guy in our group just bought a set of the 41.5x15.5x17 radials, first day sliced 2 Sidewalls!:eek: replaced them and a month later sliced another one. They say the bias ply's have a stronger sidewall.So he went to a set of Maxxis. I want a tire for the road as well. These things cost too much to be replacing all the time.

Last edited:
Same guy in our group just bought a set of the 41.5x15.5x17 radials, first day sliced 2 Sidewalls!:eek: replaced them and a month later sliced another one. They say the bias ply's have a stronger sidewall.So he went to a set of Maxxis. I want a tire for the road as well. These things cost too much to be replacing all the time.

Well that solves the dillema i was having about buying a set of used pitbulls on vjc. Guess im either gonna do trail grapplers or or treps!

Well that solves the dillema i was having about buying a set of used pitbulls on vjc. Guess im either gonna do trail grapplers or or treps!

Those on Vjc might be the same ones I was speaking of! He took them off, put the Maxxis on and the Rockers are for sale!

I remember Crown King, how are you doin highoctane? Are you back in Prescott?
On an A380 right now an hour from landing in LAX. Doing great. Work is keeping me busy in Afghanistan. Picking up a new '15 JKU Rubi while I'm home for the next 35 days. Loving this build. Can't wait to see finished pics!

OK,weekly check in on the jeep! Still waiting on parts!!!:mad::grayno::doh: but, they did get the Atlas installed. Here are a few pics,
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

One step closer! When are the gonna start on that rear? Thats what i wanna see lol. Btw January 27th i will be on a plane!

We have all the Currie joints for the rear, just waiting for some arms, all the EVO parts should be here next week, so I expect to see the front axle under the jeep next week!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

One step closer! When are the gonna start on that rear? Thats what i wanna see lol. Btw January 27th i will be on a plane!

Awesome! Hurry up,:beer: as soon as all the parts show up there should be a whole lot of fabbing!:rock:

Top Bottom