Upgrades on 2 door

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Just gonna add a few pics for reference, like I said I did a set of 4 door springs and 4dr stock shocks (ranchos are nice but not needed) set of rear stock sway bar links up front. Quick disconects are cheap and good to have. This is with a set of 33s first without cut fenders then I cut them. It doesn't take many components to set up, easy to get him to start to work on it. Don't have to mess with control arms or brake lines or anything and it supports 33s just fine

View attachment 324514

View attachment 324515

View attachment 324516

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice thanks those pics are great

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Nice thanks those pics are great

For what it's worth be wary of lift kits not made for a 2dr. The rancho one is good but you will often get 1-2" more than advertised on any other lift kit. I am now running essentially an Evo leveling kit or a pieced together 2" lift and running 37s on it. Hard to find good stuff out there for the 2 doors but at least rancho did it right with their 2" sport lift if you want to do a kit.
But I did my original lift for about $300 and a 2 door on 33s can take you a lot of places

TheGrendel

Just gonna add a few pics for reference, like I said I did a set of 4 door springs and 4dr stock shocks (ranchos are nice but not needed) set of rear stock sway bar links up front. Quick disconects are cheap and good to have. This is with a set of 33s first without cut fenders then I cut them. It doesn't take many components to set up, easy to get him to start to work on it. Don't have to mess with control arms or brake lines or anything and it supports 33s just fine

View attachment 324514

View attachment 324515

View attachment 324516

every time someone posts a Gecko especially a 2 door, i shed a tear. i should have just kept mine. didn't know i was going to miss it so much.

wrbrd

Wow ,just gave an opinion on the topic.Those parts are some ya can buy a little at a time from places that you and the boy can shop together or at least stay on the same goal.Looking thru the classified advertising and enjoy talking about to keep a relationship between you and your son. I didn’t mean you must buy these things now. Your local Craigslist and Facebook market place will have bang for the buck deals if you shop around. I forgot this is wayalife and the folks here bash you for not agreeing with their way of doing things or buying what they think are the brand to have.It is why I left this group before. Watch YouTube videos with your son on parts ,do the research together a keep your bond strong because when they are teenagers the quality time will go fast.The main idea was to praise you for finding something that both of you like to do and have a passion for. Good luck and hope you both have a wonderful time wheeling in the future! No crack pipes needed ,me and mine don’t do that type of crap by the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Wow ,just gave an opinion on the topic.Those parts are some ya can buy a little at a time from places that you and the boy can shop together or at least stay on the same goal.Looking thru the classified advertising and enjoy talking about to keep a relationship between you and your son. I didn’t mean you must buy these things now. Your local Craigslist and Facebook market place will have bang for the buck deals if you shop around. I forgot this is wayalife and the folks here bash you for not agreeing with their way of doing things or buying what they think are the brand to have.It is why I left this group before. Watch YouTube videos with your son on parts ,do the research together a keep your bond strong because when they are teenagers the quality time will go fast.The main idea was to praise you for finding something that both of you like to do and have a passion for. Good luck and hope you both have a wonderful time wheeling in the future! No crack pipes needed ,me and mine don’t do that type of crap by the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all the OP is asking for a third party." He’s asked what he should do to set it up for mild off roading and good on road manners." Not all the other kumbaya moments and Craislist ,Facebook Market shopping bonding with your son craziness. And yes some people don't like your opinion on the parts you suggested. That's their OPINION.

WJCO

Meme King
I forgot this is wayalife and the folks here bash you for not agreeing with their way of doing things or buying what they think are the brand to have.

Completely false. But members here do value their time and money and if something is a piece of shit, many of us have no problem telling others that it is a piece of shit. As far as yours or anybody else's Jeep, buy what you want.

It is why I left this group before.

It's a shame for the rest of us that you came back.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Most 2 doors that come by get this setup when starting out and they love it.

Rancho 2” sport lift with 9000’s
Synergy wheel spacers
JKS Quick disconnects

This is the set up I installed on a few jeeps that are mainly “mall crawlers” but will dabble in wheeling once a year or so. It’s a great ride and performs very well!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot this is wayalife and the folks here bash you for not agreeing with their way of doing things or buying what they think are the brand to have.

Right, because clearly, you're the only one who's entitled to an opinion. Should anyone here disagree with you, it'd have to be "bashing". :rolleyes2:

It is why I left this group before.

Perhaps it'd do you well to leave once again but this time, make it a bit more permanent. :thumb:

Exodus 4x4

This is the set up I installed on a few jeeps that are mainly “mall crawlers” but will dabble in wheeling once a year or so. It’s a great ride and performs very well!

I sell and install a ton of these for that exact type of person. Rides good and gets the job done for the little bit of off roading they’ll do. It’s an easy sell too when you tell them the price of a proper 3” lift and the purpose of all those “extra” parts involved in it, lol. I’ve never had a customer disappointed in the performance and they’ve always been extremely grateful for not only selling them that lift and not some cheap 3” lift, but explaining to them why it’s the better choice overall.

benatc1

Hooked
Ran Rancho 2" on my old 2 door, around town, on Rubicon and other trails. Did 35s and cut fenders but had room for 37s. Was a good kit. Planning on the similar kit for my JLUR soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom