UNDER the JL WRANGLER RUBICON : A Look at Suspension / Steering Components & MORE!

aTX427

great shots. For some reason, I was thinking you interviewed an engineer at SEMA who was showing you rear outboard shocks. Was I mistaken?

PatyWagon

Awesome write-up! Top notch pictures! I don't wrench my jeep but even I can appreciate all the work and engineering that went into the new JL, exactly why it climbs mountains right out of the box. Thanks Eddie always great stuff!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now this is some info that I've been waiting for! I'm looking forward to seeing you put these axles to the test and see how it all performs with larger tires and suspension lift.

You and me both :D

Great, great, [emoji106] based on what you saw underneath , how do you feel stock rubi JL axels and other components will accommodate 37’s?

Honestly, only time will tell. One thing is for sure, we intend to test them out :yup:

Really helpful write. Thank you. Those improvements, though small , make bigger differences

Does this mean you're thinking about getting one? :thumb:

Fascinating. Good stuff and thanks for posting these great pics. The more I see of the JL, the more I want it.

LOL!! I love our JK's but this new JL really is nice. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! That detailed drawing with all the parts is sweet!

Thank you sir :cool:

Great thread! I like the look of the new skids. Did you get a chance to measure the rear drive shaft, compared to the JK?

Unfortunately, I no longer have a factory rear JK shaft to compare it to.

great shots. For some reason, I was thinking you interviewed an engineer at SEMA who was showing you rear outboard shocks. Was I mistaken?

It was the JL reveal at the 2017 LA Auto Show.

RockingK

Taking one for the team

Actually taking several for the team👍. This insight for those looking to purchase the next generation of Wranglers has this very cool, informative and detailed view that is priceless. Thank you so much for your attention to detail! :rock:

Rocralr

Hi. It looks great. White is a great color. What are the plans for the JL? Is it going to stay mostly stock or are you going to build it up?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually taking several for the team👍. This insight for those looking to purchase the next generation of Wranglers has this very cool, informative and detailed view that is priceless. Thank you so much for your attention to detail! :rock:

Thank you, we're so glad to hear you found the information and photos useful :)

Hi. It looks great. White is a great color. What are the plans for the JL? Is it going to stay mostly stock or are you going to build it up?

For now, run it stock but in the near future, get it up on 37's. Who knows for the future beyond :crazyeyes:

Finally had the chance o look at these photo's on my PC.

Thank you Eddie, such well thought out photos captures what we all want to see in high res quality.

I call this training material.

Some big changes on the business end of the Jeep, and little ones too....they finally put a constant tension hose clamp on the rear diff breather tube hose @ the axle housing. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would the JK skids fit on the JL? Also, do you still expect DS failure when you start lifting the Jeep?

The JL is completely different underneath. I don't think any JK skid would work without modification or drilling.

Regarding the drive shafts, the front slip shaft boot should be okay now that the exhaust cross over has been re-designed and moved out of the way but the CV boots on a 2-door rear shaft as well as the front boot will still be in a constant state of pinch when lifted 3" or more. This is where I still expect to see premature failure with a lift.

Zo6

Pictures

You are the best detailing everything . I have never viewed articles put together as well as you present.

Top Bottom