UD60s / Fusion 60s

MericaMade

When I was shopping for mine I was told that there were some issues with the ARB in the UD60s something to do with fitment. I went elocker and am happy but they have had there issues at times. They dont engaged immediately like air but you get used to it.

MericaMade

If I were to do it again I would without a doubt go Currie. Their customer service is awesome and the quality is top notch. My only complaint with the UD is the fit and finish. Brackets are huge and only welded on the outsides but easy enought to fix. Currie definitely addressd the small stuff and the 70 inch wide is nice.

Just throwing another option out there for ya.

Jsouder53

Hooked
If I were to do it again I would without a doubt go Currie. Their customer service is awesome and the quality is top notch. My only complaint with the UD is the fit and finish. Brackets are huge and only welded on the outsides but easy enought to fix. Currie definitely addressd the small stuff and the 70 inch wide is nice.

They certainly have a unique design for their housing! I would consider their axles.

desertrunner

I guess I had counted them out for a while after watching I think It was the keep it tight series when I think trail bud had broken his rock jock 60 like 3 times or something like that. I don't remember exactly but yes definitely another option out there

desertrunner

When the e-locker first came out, I had nothing but trouble with the ones that came in Moby. Went through 3 of them in the factory axles before giving up and going back to ARBs. For about 20 years now, ARB is all I would ever run on a build and have always thought they were the way to go. More recently, I'm not so sure as I constantly have air leak problems at the locker and it's annoying as hell. It is the biggest reason why I decided to give e-lockers a try again on our UD60's and so far, I've been very happy with them.
Yeah understandably the air leaks is a major con for the ARBs. The thing I hated the most about my E lockers in my old 08 Rubicon was getting the damn things to unlock after an obstacle so I could turn. Having never had hydro assist on any of my rigs yet the instant on and off of the air is nice. Once I can get a set of 1 tons for the 2 Dr it will get hydro assist too so maybe not as much of am issues but of corse it's the little dumb things that stick with ya

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah understandably the air leaks is a major con for the ARBs. The thing I hated the most about my E lockers in my old 08 Rubicon was getting the damn things to unlock after an obstacle so I could turn. Having never had hydro assist on any of my rigs yet the instant on and off of the air is nice. Once I can get a set of 1 tons for the 2 Dr it will get hydro assist too so maybe not as much of am issues but of corse it's the little dumb things that stick with ya
Yup, that is a legit concern on the e-lockers. ARB's are on or off at the flip of a switch. Again, it's why I've always run them in the past.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I’ve had 0 issues with my Fusions except for that blown rear spindle bearing which Fusion overnighted a replacement out free of charge. Dan had said out of all the axles he has built, that was only the second one he’s seen go. King pins are great not having to worry about rebuilding them. If you feel any play, you can tighten them up. Timing when I ordered mine was about 4-5 weeks for a set of custom spec axles, I don’t know how much they has changed in this lovely world of ours. I haven’t had any issues with my ARBs as of yet. Those are my 3rd set that I have ordered from Fusion, I wouldn’t hesitate to order a 4th.
Like Bill, I have been nothing but happy with my Fusion set up. I did spin a bearing on my ARB but Dan at Fusion covered that too with no issue. They are stout as hell. I have more than put them through their paces.

Andy5160

Hooked
I’ve had 0 issues with my Fusions except for that blown rear spindle bearing which Fusion overnighted a replacement out free of charge. Dan had said out of all the axles he has built, that was only the second one he’s seen go. King pins are great not having to worry about rebuilding them. If you feel any play, you can tighten them up. Timing when I ordered mine was about 4-5 weeks for a set of custom spec axles, I don’t know how much they has changed in this lovely world of ours. I haven’t had any issues with my ARBs as of yet. Those are my 3rd set that I have ordered from Fusion, I wouldn’t hesitate to order a 4th.
Fourth set 🤔 Hmmm

desertrunner

Like Bill, I have been nothing but happy with my Fusion set up. I did spin a bearing on my ARB but Dan at Fusion covered that too with no issue. They are stout as hell. I have more than put them through their paces.
Did both you guys go with their 60/80 kit?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just curious, why the 14 bolt rear over the 60? That much stronger for not much $?
Any clearance issues with it?
It’s as strong as a D80 with a little better clearance. We also able to run 40 spline lockers and shafts. The base of the 14 bolt is shaved to make it a 13 bolt to improve clearance

desertrunner

So looking at the options in general
UD60 $14k
Fusion 60/14 $17k
Dyna XD60 $18k
Dyna pro60 $15k

Seems like bang for the buck with the ability to customize the fusion set is looking good. Clearly Eddie has beat the shit out of his UD60s and they have done great and are a bit cheaper. Still love the features on the Dyna XD60 front. Still haven't looked at Currie. On the Fusion website looks like they are 8-9 week lead time which I'm sure will change by the time I can swing it. I just really like that Fusion let's you pick length and bracket for no extra cost. If I decided to go genright 4 link rear I could order that with the brackets ready to go. My wife keeps laughing at the fact I'm shopping for axles that cost more than her entire car brand new haha

MericaMade

UD60 $14k
Fusion 60/14 $17k
Dyna XD60 $18k
Dyna pro60 $15k

Seems like bang for the buck with the ability to customize the fusion set is looking good. Clearly Eddie has beat the shit out of his UD60s and they have done great and are a bit cheaper. Still love the features on the Dyna XD60 front. Still haven't looked at Currie. On the Fusion website looks like they are 8-9 week lead time which I'm sure will change by the time I can swing it. I just really like that Fusion let's you pick length and bracket for no extra cost. If I decided to go genright 4 link rear I could order that with the brackets ready to go. My wife keeps laughing at the fact I'm shopping for axles that cost more than her entire car brand new haha

If you want DT's order now and you might have them in 2023. I wouldn't run their stuff if thay gave me a set.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UD60 $14k
Fusion 60/14 $17k
Dyna XD60 $18k
Dyna pro60 $15k

The only real benefit I can see to go wide is to run wheel with less back spacing. If you were to get a Dynatrac axle, you can custom order it to whatever length you want. The biggest downside to custom length axles is that you have to order custom length shafts. AS IN, if you were to break a shaft, you are SOL until one can be made. Also, having run both, I can tell you that I would get a standard ProRock 60 over an XD60 and mainly because you can install an EVO high steer kit and have your ram installed like it really should be - attached to the knuckle!

Aside from that, I'm glad to hear so many positive reviews about Fusion. Wouldn't hesitate to run Currie too so long as the rear is a full float.

Oh, one other thing to consider are the brakes that come with the axles. I have NEVER been impressed with the puny brakes that come on Dynatrac axles and have been super impressed with the massive ones that come on UD60s. Not sure what come on Fusion but that would be something to consider in my book.

Top Bottom