UD60s / Fusion 60s

desertrunner

Doing some dream shopping was was just curious where most people are buying their crate UD60s from? Particularly ones with ARB lockers and not E lockers. I feel like the only crates axles I have found online are built with E lockers. Also looking at price for just a front axle Fusion only being about $500 more and you have length options plus ARBs plus king pin IDK seems like if I were to buy today Fusion is the way to do. (excluding dynatrac of course)

Jsouder53

Hooked
Why are you opposed to E Lockers? If I order up a set, I’m thinking of e lockers. That way there will never be an air leak issue, unless others can convince me otherwise. I’ve been dream shopping as well 😂

what is the wait time on fusion? I like the idea of king pins as well.

desertrunner

Why are you opposed to E Lockers? If I order up a set, I’m thinking of e lockers. That way there will never be an air leak issue, unless others can convince me otherwise. I’ve been dream shopping as well 😂

I'm not so much apposed to E lockers but i already have the ARBs set up on my 2dr so rather than rip it out figured id just stick to that route
All I can say is that I’ve been happy with my UD60s and e-lockers. Of course, it’s m just a mall crawler.
Oh yeah seems like they have taken quite some abuse and hold up great and would be plenty for me. I havent wheeled long enough to really have an opinion 1 way or the other on lockers just more so i already have the air set up figured id use it.
Click the part number that suits your needs.

Link
so I've clicked that link a few times in the past and its asking for a customer account number to place an order which I don't have? idk maybe I'm not doing it right but all the other links on there page on the "where to buy" end up being set up with E lockers. I just figured I couldn't buy direct from them if I wasn't a business or something.

desertrunner

Not sure the wait time on the fusions but id put money on its less that dynatrac haha. I kind of like to optional width too. if dreams come true ill stretch the 2dr and id like to not cut into the middle of the tub so being able to outboard or frame notch for the coil overs is how id like to do it.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Not sure the wait time on the fusions but id put money on its less that dynatrac haha. I kind of like to optional width too. if dreams come true ill stretch the 2dr and id like to not cut into the middle of the tub so being able to outboard or frame notch for the coil overs is how id like to do it.
I think you can have a Jeep built faster than those axles 🤣 That would be awesome! I’ll be waiting for that build

desertrunner

I think you can have a Jeep built faster than those axles 🤣 That would be awesome! I’ll be waiting for that build
yeah i feel stuck in a wired in-between, not that my 2dr isnt capable but ive already spent a lot on it and everyone wants more haha trying to figure out how to reach my end goal without dropping 30k at once if i can do some stuff in-between. shoulda bought the 1 tons to start with

Jsouder53

Hooked
yeah i feel stuck in a wired in-between, not that my 2dr isnt capable but ive already spent a lot on it and everyone wants more haha trying to figure out how to reach my end goal without dropping 30k at once if i can do some stuff in-between. shoulda bought the 1 tons to start with

You have the dynatrac trail leader package right? At least you would be able to get some decent money out of that to help with your new set. What stretch kit are you going with?

desertrunner

You have the dynatrac trail leader package right? At least you would be able to get some decent money out of that to help with your new set. What stretch kit are you going with?
yeah it might pay for half a front axle haha. Not sure yet i like how simple and relatively cheap the synergy kit is but im tempted to go with the gen right triangulated 4 link and their frame knotch coilover towers. its all deamin at this point but because i have to 4dr for the more tame stuff and the fact my wife isnt really into the rock crawling thing i would love to just go all out on the 2dr and have it be a trailered only rig.

Jsouder53

Hooked
yeah it might pay for half a front axle haha. Not sure yet i like how simple and relatively cheap the synergy kit is but im tempted to go with the gen right triangulated 4 link and their frame knotch coilover towers. its all deamin at this point but because i have to 4dr for the more tame stuff and the fact my wife isnt really into the rock crawling thing i would love to just go all out on the 2dr and have it be a trailered only rig.
That would be the dream! Might as well do it right the first time and get the gen right kit! Lol

desertrunner

Just thought, have you messaged wjtstudios on his thoughts about the fusion king pins?
I've seen a few of his posts on here about his thoughts on them. So far he seems happy with them but I haven't asked him direct. I like the thought of King pins but doesn't seem like many other people are using them and I'm not sure why. Then again none of my dynatrac ball joints have needed rebuild yet so.....

Jsouder53

Hooked
I've seen a few of his posts on here about his thoughts on them. So far he seems happy with them but I haven't asked him direct. I like the thought of King pins but doesn't seem like many other people are using them and I'm not sure why. Then again none of my dynatrac ball joints have needed rebuild yet so.....
That’s good to hear about the Dynatrac ball joints. It seems that the king pins will wear down slower. I’m not sure why more people don’t run them either.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve had 0 issues with my Fusions except for that blown rear spindle bearing which Fusion overnighted a replacement out free of charge. Dan had said out of all the axles he has built, that was only the second one he’s seen go. King pins are great not having to worry about rebuilding them. If you feel any play, you can tighten them up. Timing when I ordered mine was about 4-5 weeks for a set of custom spec axles, I don’t know how much they has changed in this lovely world of ours. I haven’t had any issues with my ARBs as of yet. Those are my 3rd set that I have ordered from Fusion, I wouldn’t hesitate to order a 4th.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah seems like they have taken quite some abuse and hold up great and would be plenty for me. I havent wheeled long enough to really have an opinion 1 way or the other on lockers just more so i already have the air set up figured id use it.
When the e-locker first came out, I had nothing but trouble with the ones that came in Moby. Went through 3 of them in the factory axles before giving up and going back to ARBs. For about 20 years now, ARB is all I would ever run on a build and have always thought they were the way to go. More recently, I'm not so sure as I constantly have air leak problems at the locker and it's annoying as hell. It is the biggest reason why I decided to give e-lockers a try again on our UD60's and so far, I've been very happy with them.

Top Bottom