U1 100 code - Lost communications with ECM/PCM

hogtyed

2012 Wrangler Sport Manual 6 / This problem started out with a bad fuel pump. After replacing the pump when I turned the key on everything seemed normal until I tried to start it. Nothing would happen, so I replaced the battery. I also tried My spare key as it has hardly been used thinking that maybe it was not reading the key. Still the same thing, so I did a reset on the ECM. The first time I did this it did not work. The second time it worked and it started up and was fine for about a month. Yesterday I was feeling confident enough to go to the trails. When I was finished with my fun. I stopped just before getting on the hard road to take it out of 4-wheel drive. When I went to take off I stalled it. (Manual) When I went to start it back up, NOTHING again! Had a friend tow me home, AGAIN! At this point I am fed up and was thinking about taking it to a local shop. So I didn't think that they would appreciate me bringing it to them all muddy. I hose it off all even the undercarriage. I don't know why but I decided to try to start it again and to my surprise it started and continues to start to this point. I also tried My spare key as it has hardly been used thinking Please HELP!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any U code is a communication code. Usually due to power loss. Check all grounds for a poor or loose connection first, especially the battery terminal.

hogtyed

Had to replace the TPIM. Now I'm having an issue with dome lights not coming on with door open. Also the radio stays on after the key is off and door open but it does time out and turns off?

Top Bottom