U-Joint Reccomendations

sastocky

Looking for U-Joint reccomendations for Rubicon Dana 44 Prorock. No need to replace just yet but going to put back a few as spare.
I see the x-Joint from Alloy USA but wasn’t sure if I should go traditional. Hoping you all had some experience and thoughts.

If you're planning on keeping your factory shafts, you will need to make sure that you get u-joints with c-clips or modify the ears of the yokes to accept full circle clips. Me personally, I might recommend just waiting until you actually need to replace your u-joints and use the money you save to buy new chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I rarely see an instance where a blown u-joint doesn't take out the whole shaft.

If you're planning on keeping your factory shafts, you will need to make sure that you get u-joints with c-clips or modify the ears of the yokes to accept full circle clips. Me personally, I might recommend just waiting until you actually need to replace your u-joints and use the money you save to buy new chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I rarely see an instance where a blown u-joint doesn't take out the whole shaft.
^^^^ This

When the u joint on my JL broke it destroyed the ears on the stub shaft and the axle shaft.

Top Bottom