twill or black diamond?

JKFlyer

Twill is newest. I bought Blk diamond over summer. Called Bestop and they said no difference when it comes Down to it have not seen twill in person yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

The Trektop is offered in both now, which is actually why I'm asking. I think my fiance wants to buy me a Trektop because she keeps asking about it and her and I both want the newer material so I needed to figure out which was which.

bl17z90

Yeah the dealer told me that when i first bought mine.

Anyone have any experience with the 2 door Trektop?

JKFlyer

My post was referring to 4 door trek top nx

U can't go wrong either way

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I bought the Bestop Twill NX Trektop about 6 weeks ago.......It's twill material is thicker (triple-layer) and the inside shows like the outside......a deep black with a cloth feel to it......the other material is more of a dark grey in color and thinner with the inside showing a lighter grey look.......the tinted windows are thicker (40mm) as well......The install was easy (2 hours...13mm wrench....Phillips screwdriver....utility knife)......fit and finish is great......as Phil Robertson would say......Everybody happy...happy...happy

Woodrow:beer:
image.jpg

Last edited:

JKFlyer

Damn for...ur jeep f-ing rocks!! :thumbup:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Thank you!!:rock:.....Like the majority of us on here it's a work in progress :D...a never ending list of mods......you check off one thing then you add another thing to the list:yup:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
True.....It is more expensive but I liked the way it looked over the the other Trektop material and the $100 gift card I got for my birthday combined with the firefighter discount got it down enough for me to pull the trigger.

JKFlyer

Thank you!!:rock:.....Like the majority of us on here it's a work in progress :D...a never ending list of mods......you check off one thing then you add another thing to the list:yup:

Oh I'm with you...I'm about to do several K in mods next week including evo rear tire carrier...and I know I'll be itching for more a few weeks later...its an addiction :banghead:

Benito

Caught the Bug
On the subject of tops, I was curious if the trek top kits require the door surrounds if you have a hard top, and if it does, does the kit come with every thing necessary for installation?

suicideking

On the subject of tops, I was curious if the trek top kits require the door surrounds if you have a hard top, and if it does, does the kit come with every thing necessary for installation?

Both kits (Supertop and Trektop) come with everything you need. The supertop does need door surrounds and pretty sure the NX does too. The Supertop is the same as the OEM top.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

Mine came with everything needed for installation.......door surrounds.....hardware......etc.......the only thing(s) you will need is a 13mm socket & ratchet, phillips screwdriver or screwgun, and a utility knife......and about 2 hours of time......and maybe a few ice cold adult beverages......easy install and this youtube video helped alot as well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHjRyVdtqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Top Bottom