TSB 08-074-20....steering

MericaMade

I changed out the front trackbar, draglink and tie rod with Steersmarts, the Synergy Sector Shaft brace and a Fox SS. The dealer called my Jeep “heavily modified”.
I just reopened a case with Jeep Cares, because someone told me to look into the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I looked at it, and the way it reads, the dealer would have to change out the steering gear. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remove the sector shaft brace. You can't expect them to remove it.

Ddays

Hooked
Just had the cast iron box installed this past week. Now my JL has developed an annoying wobble at exactly 37~41 mph. Nothing below or above. :mad:
Gonna check all of the torque specs this weekend.

DaveL

Reflash

Heard that if the dealer doesn't re-flash the computer there are problems with this update. Slop on centre. May be other issues.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Got this done yesterday. Steering feels much better. They also flashed the computer for something with steering and another “required” pcm flash. Throttle feels a little more responsive and smoother. I forgot to take out my tazer before dropping it off so hopefully it didn’t dry anything.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked
Just had the cast iron box installed this past week. Now my JL has developed an annoying wobble at exactly 37~41 mph. Nothing below or above. :mad:
Gonna check all of the torque specs this weekend.

did you get it figured out?

JKbrick

Got this done yesterday. Steering feels much better. They also flashed the computer for something with steering and another “required” pcm flash. Throttle feels a little more responsive and smoother. I forgot to take out my tazer before dropping it off so hopefully it didn’t dry anything.

I wonder what the computer has to do with the steering? I need to call the dealer that did my son’s TSB because I don’t believe his got flashed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sessoms14X

So after driving a couple trips in my JT I will say that I do notice a difference. Seems to wonder a lot less on the highway (70mph). Don't have to correct the steering wheel as much. Has a tighter feel.

Even from a sharp turn the steering wheel will return back to center easier. So I will say that I'm happy with the fix.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does anyone know if this has been addressed at the factory yet? Any dates that a change has been made to new builds or are they still cranking out the defective steering?

WJCO

Meme King
Does anyone know if this has been addressed at the factory yet? Any dates that a change has been made to new builds or are they still cranking out the defective steering?

From my experience on other vehicles, when a part is updated, production from that point forward uses the new updated part. Hope that is the case in this situation.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

From my experience on other vehicles, when a part is updated, production from that point forward uses the new updated part. Hope that is the case in this situation.

What Doug said. They will already be on new vehicles coming off the line. From my understanding all 21 models should have them

jeeeep

Hooked
I was looking at newer models while my JL was in service and the models I looked at had the newer box.

bkac

Caught the Bug
They are being installed on the new vehicles from the factory. The bolts on the frame side of the old box are silver, the new updated box comes with black bolts. It’s a very quick way to tell if it has the new box in it.

I was looking at newer models while my JL was in service and the models I looked at had the newer box.
Sweet!

They are being installed on the new vehicles from the factory. The bolts on the frame side of the old box are silver, the new updated box comes with black bolts. It’s a very quick way to tell if it has the new box in it.

Awesome!
Thanks

bkac

Caught the Bug
I actually picked up a new spare box yesterday. You can see the new bolts in this picture.

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

DaveL

Does anyone have a copy of TSB 08-003-21? Curious as why they completely changed the TSB number instead of just a revision "D,E, etc' as they have done in the past...

I tried to copy the new TSB and paste it here. No luck.

Top Bottom