Trying to get back into a Jeep

FLKEYSJK

As some of you may know I sold my 2 door JK back in November because I was looking for something bigger. I got an F350 that is lifted on 37s but it has become a money pit, that being said I'd like to sell the truck and get back into a wrangler (4Dr) by the end of the year. My question to you guys is should I get a sport and build it up or should I go with a rubicon. My end plans with this jeep will be 37-40" tires, that's why I'm not sure if I should get a rubicon and run 37s till I can afford axles or should I get a sport and get new axles and 40s from the start? I'm most likely going to get a 2013 or newer used unlimited unless the JL gets released and I decide to go that route instead. Here's a pic of my old Jeep and my pain in the ass truck. IMG_1247.jpg IMG_5555.jpg

Last edited:

FLKEYSJK

If you're sure you're going to 40s, may as well go with a sport a put the cash you save into new axles. If you're gonna stop at 37s, go with the Rubicon. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah that's the side I was kinda leaning towards, it'll just be too expensive to go with a rubicon then just change out pretty much everything that a rubicon gives me when I want to move to 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome back! I would go sport for what you're thinking. Nice truck, but those 6.0s are not cheap to repair, I definitely feel your pain.

FLKEYSJK

You have to figure what your timeline is, to 40's.

If I'm going straight to 40s I'd probably run a leveling kit and 33s to keep me happy till I could afford the axles and lift which would probably take 6-8 months maybe more time I'd have to see what my financial situation is at that time. Haven't decide if I'm going to go with a regular coil lift or coilovers yet.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If I'm going straight to 40s I'd probably run a leveling kit and 33s to keep me happy till I could afford the axles and lift which would probably take 6-8 months maybe more time I'd have to see what my financial situation is at that time. Haven't decide if I'm going to go with a regular coil lift or coilovers yet.

If it's that fast, get a Sport. You can buy an Atlas for the transfer case ratio.

Top Bottom