Truck light headlights are yours bright?

They are very bright on both high and low IMO. Low beams are definitely brighter than stock highs, although the cutoff point is somewhat low (they don't blind oncoming traffic unless they are lower than your hood). They are definitely not dim so you might want to get those checked out or connect with a local Trucklite user to compare.

Got my replacements today and just finished the install. Mine were definitely not working properly.

Old:
View attachment 152928

New:
View attachment 152929

Kind of hard to see in the daylight still, but there is a definite purple tint on the old ones. Can't wait for it to get dark!

Big thanks to Truck Lite to reacting so positive to my inquiry.

I guess next time I won't ASSUME my brand new lights aren't possibly defective if feeling underwhelmed. 😉

I can definitely see the difference.

Got my replacements installed and finally got to drive in the dark. I must say I am impressed. Can't even compare the two. Anti Flicker harnesses are installed as well.

Won't guarantee that it'll make a huge difference if any at all but it is something I would recommend doing and really, what have you got to lose.

As you will see in my write-up, I do make a note about the hot spots and in some ways, the lack of them is one of the things I like about the older style lights better. But, if you can be forgiving of the hot spots, I still think they are a much better solution over a set of OE lights, Sylvania Sliver Starts or IPF's. There are definitely brighter lights out there but they are also painful to look at and in some states, illegal to run because of it.

Any headlights you would recommend that could be better than truck lites that aren't exactly "legal" but won't make me look like too much of an asshole blinding everyone on the road? I'm not worried about legalities, if I can find the best lights without completely blinding people I'd be willing to try em out

Got my replacements today and just finished the install. Mine were definitely not working properly.

Old:
View attachment 152928

New:
View attachment 152929

Kind of hard to see in the daylight still, but there is a definite purple tint on the old ones. Can't wait for it to get dark!

Big thanks to Truck Lite to reacting so positive to my inquiry.

I guess next time I won't ASSUME my brand new lights aren't possibly defective if feeling underwhelmed. 😉

That's exactly what mine looked like. Got the replacements and ended up with a replacement being bad as well.

That's exactly what mine looked like. Got the replacements and ended up with a replacement being bad as well.

That's really sad to hear. They must have a QC issue that hasn't been addressed. In all fairness, the lights that work as they should, rock! :rock:

That's really sad to hear. They must have a QC issue that hasn't been addressed. In all fairness, the lights that work as they should, rock! :rock:

I'm sure I'll be happy with them. I just did a 1700 mile road trip with one bad and one good light and it was still better than the factory lights.

Here we go again. One of the replacement lights I received is bad. I contacted truck lite and they are sending a replacement.

Really?? Well that sucks, I'm really sorry to hear that and can't imagine what's going on. I've literally bought 2 sets of the old Truck-Lites and 3 sets of the newer ones and have never had an issue with any of them. As Frank said, when they work, they are awesome. Hopefully they'll be able to get you squared away.

Dissappointing to hear this seems to be an issue been looking at picking up a set but really don't wanna deal with headaches ...

I didn't want to spend $400 when I first became a member here but I was never happy with the factory set up. Last week I finally dropped the money on a new set and I could not be happier with the results. I had to adjust the aim because I was blinding everybody. It's money well spent 👍ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437331193.656166.jpg

Really?? Well that sucks, I'm really sorry to hear that and can't imagine what's going on. I've literally bought 2 sets of the old Truck-Lites and 3 sets of the newer ones and have never had an issue with any of them. As Frank said, when they work, they are awesome. Hopefully they'll be able to get you squared away.

I think I have bad luck. I can't wait to get two good working headlights and see what they really do! Fingers crossed this is the last of my issues. 800 mile road trip to Denver Tues. morning. Don't think I'll have the replacement in time.

Top Bottom