Trasharoo alternatives?

Whiskeyjack

I've been reading a lot about the Trasharoo quality being substandard (at least lately). I'd like to buy a similar bag so I can pack my trash and whatever I find, but I don't want to waste money on something that's going to fall apart.

Is there a recommended alternative?

I was looking at this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VTNPFC7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A36GVPZQ85EDWZ&psc=1
But I can't find anything about it anywhere that isn't Amazon, so it might be a crap knock-off

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s an exact copy of trasharoo and probably made in the same factory. I used to use a trasharoo and had no issues with it but I’ve also used onion sacks that I would get when I worked in kitchens.
LOL - yup, good ol' burlap bag. Used them for years and years before all this backpack stuff became all the rage.

CalSgt

Hooked
That’s an exact copy of trasharoo and probably made in the same factory. I used to use a trasharoo and had no issues with it but I’ve also used onion sacks that I would get when I worked in kitchens.
Yeah... The mesh produce sacks I've seen out there seem like the best set up. I bought a trasharoo & never use it, wasn't thinking about the back up cam when I got it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have a trasharoo. Honestly, I’ve only used it a couple of times. It’s a major dust collector and just signals to everyone at camp to put their trash on your Jeep.

CalSgt

Hooked
I have a trasharoo. Honestly, I’ve only used it a couple of times. It’s a major dust collector and just signals to everyone at camp to put their trash on your Jeep.
Guilty... I've even picked up random beer cans and water bottles at KOH and put them in peoples trash sacks

Whiskeyjack

Fair enough, they do look pretty damn similar. I was hearing that the Trasharoo falls apart when exposed to the sun for prolonged periods. But most of what I've read said the Trasharoo was great before, then the quality went downhill. I can't really figure if that's true. Guess I'll just go with the real thing and find out for myself.

Thanks everyone!

black pearl

Hooked
Fair enough, they do look pretty damn similar. I was hearing that the Trasharoo falls apart when exposed to the sun for prolonged periods. But most of what I've read said the Trasharoo was great before, then the quality went downhill. I can't really figure if that's true. Guess I'll just go with the real thing and find out for myself.

Thanks everyone!
I have two trasharoo’s. the only reason I changed from the first one, is I left garbage in it after a trip and a rodent chewed on it. It’s still very usable though. My second one lives on the Jeep and has been on there about two years now. It’s still holding in strong.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I use the same bags. One for trash and one for waste on extended dry camping trips. The locking in of the smell is definitely a benefit 😂
Lol.. I have a 10L under the back seat for toiletries, rags & trash bags etc... and a 20L in the rear dedicated for trash... but both could be used for whatever... They are good to have. You could make an on the fly beer cooler out of one, Fish bag, flotation device, store wet clothes... whatever. I like Multi purpose gear.

Top Bottom