Transmission woes!

JDDK

09jku with 3.8 and 42rle. headed up Grapevine yesterday and wouldnt shift up into 3rd. CEL on. engine temp was fine. 2.5hrs limping home at 3900rpm. Not good. my obd says 0705. cleared codes and shifted ok for 30 minutes. CEL back on...headed to trannyshop tomorrow. any advice?

PM me for custom quilts anytime

jeeeep

Hooked
09jku with 3.8 and 42rle. headed up Grapevine yesterday and wouldnt shift up into 3rd. CEL on. engine temp was fine. 2.5hrs limping home at 3900rpm. Not good. my obd says 0705. cleared codes and shifted ok for 30 minutes. CEL back on...headed to trannyshop tomorrow. any advice?

need more info

Tire size? regeared? auto trans?

if you have made changes to tire size or regeared the axles, did you program in the changes?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's an electrical issue that has to do with the trans range sensor. Basically you have the Jeep in drive but the computer thinks it's in park or neutral. Could be something simple as a dirty connector at the trans causing the issue. From my little experience it will all be an external fix so the trans will not need to be ripped out of the jeep

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Any luck selling those quilts on here?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JDDK

Sorry for lack of info. It has AT in 42RLE with 35s, 4.88s and Procal. hoping for elec issue with fingers crossed. shop is dropping pan now.
oh yeah, the quilt thing in my signature was me being a smartass to a lame poster trying to sell quilts on the forum about a year ago. i forgot it was still there. 😂

WJCO

Meme King
oh yeah, the quilt thing in my signature was me being a smartass to a lame poster trying to sell quilts on the forum about a year ago. i forgot it was still there. 😂

:cheesy: That's funny. Who was that other guy anyways, I vaguely remember it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Sorry for lack of info. It has AT in 42RLE with 35s, 4.88s and Procal. hoping for elec issue with fingers crossed. shop is dropping pan now.
oh yeah, the quilt thing in my signature was me being a smartass to a lame poster trying to sell quilts on the forum about a year ago. i forgot it was still there. [emoji23]

Lol. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Wait, so you don't make custom quilts? Dammit, I wanted one with a picture of my face on it :grayno:

JDDK

update: shifting fine so far, fingers still crossed. $360 parts and labor to flush, new filter, and a new solenoid pack. Tranny has 160k on it, no metal or sludge in pan. Looked spotless and surprised because I Havent flushed or serviced tranny in 100k cuz Im stupid and always busy. ..not quilting either😉

jeeeep

Hooked
update: shifting fine so far, fingers still crossed. $360 parts and labor to flush, new filter, and a new solenoid pack. Tranny has 160k on it, no metal or sludge in pan. Looked spotless and surprised because I Havent flushed or serviced tranny in 100k cuz Im stupid and always busy. ..not quilting either��

160k miles and you haven't flushed it since it hit the 60k mark? :shock:

there's a toilet joke in there but.... :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom