Transmission temp sensor

RockyJk

Has anybody changed this and how difficult would it be? Seems like it's just dropping the valve body and replacing the sensor, my 06 TJ has really harsh shifts going from 1st-2nd when it's cold. Took it to the dealership and they said this sensor is the problem but want $800 to fix it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I could help you but I had a manual on my old TJ. $800 does sound like a lot though and I'd bet you really could do it yourself and it being just that easy.

RockyJk

Wish I could help you but I had a manual on my old TJ. $800 does sound like a lot though and I'd bet you really could do it yourself and it being just that easy.

I should of gotten a manual lol Chris told me a couple times too. I'm going to try an tackle this Sunday

Clem319

Has anybody changed this and how difficult would it be? Seems like it's just dropping the valve body and replacing the sensor, my 06 TJ has really harsh shifts going from 1st-2nd when it's cold. Took it to the dealership and they said this sensor is the problem but want $800 to fix it

If you don't want to do it yourself, I know of some decent shops in town that will have better prices. Let me know.

Top Bottom