Transmission fluid change

DMF

I search everywhere on the net and couldn't find anything for a 2014 Wrangler on changing the trans fluid/filter so I assumed they were all the same regardless of what year. Well when I remove my skids I got this. Am I suppose to remove this too? Some internet searching said its all flushes now. Any help would be great! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462642888.595565.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462642888.595565.jpg

Drunic

Yea remove the cross member but mine looks different on a 13. I tried to change it with the cross member on and it didn't work. Then drop the pan and make a huge mess, I used a kiddie pool to collect the carnage.

Last edited:

DMF

Just to confirm, remove this cover with the torque bolt will reveal the trans pan.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462650040.014634.jpg

Drunic

The trans pan is that beige pan, it won't clear past the cross member in your way because the oil filter sits down low. Once you loosen those torx bolts you're going to leak a ton of oil. There isn't a drain spout for whatever reason, it's a messy job.

DMF

Thx Drunic. Think I'll button everything back up and call the dealer and have them take care of this. Don't think I want 5qtz of ATF on my drive way. TY for your help

Drunic

Glad to help, I couldn't find any real walk through on it either. Filling it up is a guessing game too, just not a good design.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Also you have nearly a quart in the torque converter and a bit in the radiator an lines.

DMF

Every video and walk through I looked at, the pan look different. Mine looks like it's only a cover and it didn't look like I would be able to remove the cover with my cross pipe in the way. There was only torque bolts holding that beige pan up and next to each torque bolt there was a fastener holds the pan\cover down like an air box. But anyways thanks again for the help guys.

Top Bottom