TRAIL TUESDAY : Let's See Pics from Your Favorite Trail!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Great thread idea! So after our epic Rubicon trip it is hands down my favorite. Thanks again to Eddie, Cindy and Tony + Steph :thumb:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453866378.839983.jpg

A close second is the scenic Mojave Road. Made some great memories and lifelong friendships. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453866466.978395.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453866553.464655.jpg

boardsurfer

Just checking, that's Red Cone just south of Breckenridge? I'm taking a buddy on a multi day trip and looks like I may need to add that to our route

Actually East of Breckenridge, but you have to go a ways south to get around to the trailhead. Not to be confused with Twin Cone which is just on the other side of the highway 285 to the south. Red Cone is an excellent trail with one or two spots that are as easy or difficult as you want them to be. When you come off the summit, you can go left to pick up Webster Pass trail which goes back to where you started, or go right to go down into the valley and pick up Radical Hill:

11760132_10206135485940177_7966850298673001772_n.jpg

11055406_10206135485180158_7971957342942589032_n.jpg

Radical hill is short, high pucker factor and leads you back to the high ridge line. From there, down into the next valley (there are 2 or 3 different ways down) that drops you off in Montezuma, right next to Keystone resort. If you wan to stay as high altitude as possible, take Saints John after Radical Hill. It ends in generally the same area as the others. Heres what that looks like (Radical Hill is that purple bit in the middle):

Capture.jpg

One last tidbit - Coming off the summit of Red Cone is ONE WAY ONLY. If you want to get up there, you can only do it from south to north.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
These are some shots from the 'famous' Coney Flats water crossing around here on the Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats trail. These are the only photos I have access to right now and they aren't very high quality. For a vehicle like mine, the trail is moderate to difficult, but probably one of the most challenging in this area. It's not too bad really, most obstacles can be bypassed or just take a good line. The area is beautiful, lined with pine trees and a fair chance of seeing of wildlife. These shots were taken in late August when the water is typically the lowest. It's a fairly long trail, so you feel like you get a good half day out away from the busyness of life.

View attachment 183269 View attachment 183266 View attachment 183267 View attachment 183268

Man, I would love to have a rig like yours!:beer:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Recently ran Smiley Rock here in AZ with a great group of Jeepers and the trail quickly became one of my favorites. We had a great opportunity to run it covered in snow which increased the challenges as well as the excitement. Thanks to Arizona, TheFunSmith, Rex, and firecrew1 for a great day!

I swore RDE2ROCK took a pic of that WAYALIF plate.

GraniteCrystal

One last tidbit - Coming off the summit of Red Cone is ONE WAY ONLY. If you want to get up there, you can only do it from south to north.

Awesome! Thanks for the Intel. It's definitely getting added to the list of trails for our 4 day trip. If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. We're leaving from Denver and doing a 4 day loop in July.

boardsurfer

Awesome! Thanks for the Intel. It's definitely getting added to the list of trails for our 4 day trip. If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. We're leaving from Denver and doing a 4 day loop in July.

Red elephant hill to Bill Moore Lake is a great combo. You're familiar with Traildamage.com right? Awesome resource.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few shots from Genoa Peak overlooking Lake Tahoe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brute

Hooked
These are some shots from the 'famous' Coney Flats water crossing around here on the Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats trail. These are the only photos I have access to right now and they aren't very high quality. For a vehicle like mine, the trail is moderate to difficult, but probably one of the most challenging in this area. It's not too bad really, most obstacles can be bypassed or just take a good line. The area is beautiful, lined with pine trees and a fair chance of seeing of wildlife. These shots were taken in late August when the water is typically the lowest. It's a fairly long trail, so you feel like you get a good half day out away from the busyness of life.

View attachment 183269 View attachment 183266 View attachment 183267 View attachment 183268

I think you need to install a couple rod holders for trolling...

On my bucket list is to catch a fish while in the drivers seat of my rig while it's in the water...this looks like a good place to do that...

WJCO

Meme King
I think you need to install a couple rod holders for trolling...

On my bucket list is to catch a fish while in the drivers seat of my rig while it's in the water...this looks like a good place to do that...

That would be cool. Of course, not sure how many fish are going to hang around their habitat while a Jeep moves through it, lol. You never know though.

JK_Mafia

Night run at Slaughterhouse Gulch here in CO a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• 1462297522866.jpg
    1462297522866.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 1462297544918.jpg
    1462297544918.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 1462297561513.jpg
    1462297561513.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 167

JeepPeeps

I really like the Mojave Trail, it's just a beautiful place with hundreds of years of interesting history

IMG_0431.jpg

Top Bottom