Trail Exhaust Recomemdation

TND333

Any recommendations for a good trail exhaust system for my 2010 JKU?

I’m in process of some upgrades and had to pull my stock system for it. Thought I might free up space where the giant muffler is while I’m in there.

More interested in getting the most space back under the rig than getting my 3.8 to sound like a beast.

Here in CA so it I need to keep all the restrictive parts and pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I just ran a glass pack from the union behind the crossmember with a 45deg turn down right at the lower control arm mount. 30” if I remember correctly fit just right. Smooth, tough and cheap. No edges to grab on rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys! I’ll have to check it out. Cherry bomb sounds like a nice wallet friendly option.

A lot of us run the dynomax evolution competition exhaust. It dumps just before the rear axle and sounds pretty good on the 3.8. It’s an inexpensive kit and the install is easy.
Part number is: 39516

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with the Dynomax. It dumps after the axle. The tip ends up under the bumper and mine got crushed pretty quickly. Probably like James, I had to trim the end of the pipe a little so it dumps up and behind the rear bumper. I didn’t want the version that dumps before the axle because I run a fair amount with no top or doors and my kid in the back seat.

39459 vs 39516
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=57276

I went with the Dynomax. It dumps after the axle. The tip ends up under the bumper and mine got crushed pretty quickly. Probably like James, I had to trim the end of the pipe a little so it dumps up and behind the rear bumper. I didn’t want the version that dumps before the axle because I run a fair amount with no top or doors and my kid in the back seat.

39459 vs 39516

Yep. Didn't even give it a chance to get crushed. Left the chrome tip in the box and cut the pipe so it aimed at a downward angle just above the inside corner of the bumper.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

What ever happened to the Dynomax quiet crawler kit? That seemed really popular and I’d love to know why it was discontinued!

39459 vs 39516

After running the over the axle version do you think the before the axle dump would have been a problem with fumes? Or does anybody have any fume problems with the short version?

After running the over the axle version do you think the before the axle dump would have been a problem with fumes? Or does anybody have any fume problems with the short version?

I never tried it so can’t say for sure, but could imagine it would be an issue at stop lights, parking lots, and rock crawling. Especially if, like me, you run topless with half doors most of the time.

Before I got my MBRP I modified the stock exhaust that dumped about 10inches closer to the driver pretty much right at the axle but closer to the floor. At times I would get a whiff of exhaust but that could have been because the exhaust was tucked under the rear allowing it to pool some. I am a little worried about the before axle dump myself but also feel its low enough to disperser the smell and fumes.

I never tried it so can’t say for sure, but could imagine it would be an issue at stop lights, parking lots, and rock crawling. Especially if, like me, you run topless with half doors most of the time.

Thanks I think If or when I change it I'll go all the way back. Yes Sir that's the plan topless and half doors. Still waiting on the actual half doors. Supposed to ship on the 1st of the year, we'll see. :thumb:

Before I got my MBRP I modified the stock exhaust that dumped about 10inches closer to the driver pretty much right at the axle but closer to the floor. At times I would get a whiff of exhaust but that could have been because the exhaust was tucked under the rear allowing it to pool some. I am a little worried about the before axle dump myself but also feel its low enough to disperser the smell and fumes.

Thanks.. Any photos of your MBRP setup?

Thanks I think If or when I change it I'll go all the way back. Yes Sir that's the plan topless and half doors. Still waiting on the actual half doors. Supposed to ship on the 1st of the year, we'll see. :thumb:

Yeah, I will get some later tonight and post it for you. I want to say I paid like 280 to 300 on the MBRPs website. I like how the tip angles down right a the EVO Fascia. I ran MBRP on my last few vehicles and never had a issue, so I decided to give them a try on the jeep and have been happy with it. You can pay a little more and get the streel version over aluminum as well.

I’m running the Dynomax Ultraflo with a race bullet (highly recommend using a race bullet to control sound) that dumps just in front of my rear axle. The only time I have ever noticed smelling fumes was standing outside putting my kids in the back seat while it warms up in cold weather and that was only after immediate start up. I’ve never honestly smelled it or noticed anything while wheeling or normal driving. The exhaust seems to have enough force to blow out and away, especially with the turn down tip directing it down and away.

Here you go.20201230_190450.jpg20201230_190514.jpg20201230_190505.jpg20201230_190524.jpg

I’m running the Dynomax Ultraflo with a race bullet (highly recommend using a race bullet to control sound) that dumps just in front of my rear axle. The only time I have ever noticed smelling fumes was standing outside putting my kids in the back seat while it warms up in cold weather and that was only after immediate start up. I’ve never honestly smelled it or noticed anything while wheeling or normal driving. The exhaust seems to have enough force to blow out and away, especially with the turn down tip directing it down and away.
Thanks for the feedback. Kind of what I was thinking would be the case.:beer:

Thanks for the photos. Looks like it tucked up there nicely. How's the sound? Droning? I went with the Magnaflow (High Clearance stock location) years ago has the under the bumper outlet. Screams like a raped ape on the downshift. Kind of embarrassing sometimes, people thinking I'm all pissed off when I'm trying to pass. But then again I probably am.:beer:

Last edited:
I like it sounds good when you get in the throttle but doesn't drown out too bad when you're driving hours on the freeway.

Top Bottom