Traded My WRX for a JK

KJs JK

Hello all, finally found out how to wave on this forum. I just traded by '04 WRX for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK 2dr 6 spd 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love my Jeep. The 3.8L seems simpler and the NSG370 6 spd is very smooth. However, i would have put reverse where BMW puts theirs, next to 1st gear to make it easier to rock back and forth from reverse to 1st or 2nd. I think the JL 6 spds have done it, which makes sense.
I love the history behind Jeeps and the following they have acquired. I'll hope to provide as much information as I receive, and I'm thankful for such a wonderful community of motoring enthusiasts.

KJ

Welcome to wayalife.

That’s funny about the six speed. I hated that at first but after about a week I didn’t even notice it. Now I’m enjoying an auto. lol

I gave my son my 04 WRX STI and ended up buying a JKU. Miss the speed but loving having a Jeep again.View attachment 290902

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah mine wasn't that cool, i got a really good deal on it from a guy who left it parked under an oak tree for 3 years so it has dings and dents all over it, and the dealer wouldn't take it on a trade for my JK because it was "too modified". When in reality everything i did to it was improvements when it rusted off. Exhaust rusted? Header back stainless steel 3" replacement. Radiator died? All aluminum high flow. Never messed with the turbo or anything because i didn't want to get into injectors.
Yours looked very nice and they are fun to drive. I just was frustrated working on it because it was assembled with tiny and dexterous Japanese hands, and i have fat American fingers. If I'm going to work on something, might as well be a Jeep.

Top Bottom