Toyo OC MT 37/12.5r17

Lil Nasty

I'm glad to see toyo now offering this size in a "D" rated tire. This is great news as I'm about ready to move up to 37's. Just looking at the specs I'm hoping there is a misprint on their site. It shows the 37/12.5 as a 99 pound tire vs the 37/13.5 as a 93 pound tire. I can't see a skinnier tire with 2 less tread plys weighing 6 pounds more then the other. Anyway, this was mostly about the FYI for 37" toyo fans not wanting E rated 13.5" wide tires.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about going toyo next but wasnt sure if the 13.5 wide would be an issue.

Sithwindu

Oh that's good to hear. I'm moving up to 37's as well as was hard sebating between the toyo and nitto mid grap, not sure how the 13.5 issue is either, but it looks mean!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I am actually getting ready to buy some toyo's and was thinking of going with the 13.5... just not sure about a 10 ply tire... should I settle for the skinner 12.5 8 ply?
I wish the 37s had "C" rated tires like they do for 40s...

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I run the Toyo OC 37x13.5s on my rig. Even with 3.5" BS wheels I still lost steering due to the wider tire and frame rub / coilover rub. I do love the look of the 13.5" width but would gladly trade that for a softer tire. The E rated tires ride rough. The Toyos grip great. Its a tough call, I ran Nitto Trail Grapplers before these and I think the Toyos grip better but a lot has changed between the two both to my rig and I'm a much better driver now LOL

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I run the Toyo OC 37x13.5s on my rig. Even with 3.5" BS wheels I still lost steering due to the wider tire and frame rub / coilover rub. I do love the look of the 13.5" width but would gladly trade that for a softer tire. The E rated tires ride rough. The Toyos grip great. Its a tough call, I ran Nitto Trail Grapplers before these and I think the Toyos grip better but a lot has changed between the two both to my rig and I'm a much better driver now LOL

I'm planning on running them on slabs, I'm pretty sure a 3.5 BS also... interesting... I personally like to toyo's better, I've never had a nitto tire on any vehicle, but I have had toyo's before, and at the price, I just feel better with the toyos.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Same parent company, same quality tires. Nitto more marketed towards off road crowd, toyo marketed toward truck crowd. Both are great

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Same parent company, same quality tires. Nitto more marketed towards of road crowd, toyo marketed toward truck crowd. Both are great

Yeah I know they are the same company, I just like the Toyo look better. Not to mention the meaty 13.5! But that's my cosmetic preference only, if it's going to cause rubbing/steering issues, I'll settle for a 12.5 and reopen the debate between nitto/toyo...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Is not enough rub to sacrifice the look lol. They are just firm since e rated. Still love them.

Do you get good flex out of the tire when aired down? Are they only "stiff" on the highway? Have you played around with tire pressure to see if you could find a happy medium? (Sorry for all the questions, everyone runs the nittos, so I'm excited to talk to someone with a 37 toyo)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I air mine down to 6-8 psi and they flex great. Took a few times out to break them in but great after that. I run 26 psi cold on street, gave me flat wear on chalk test

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I air mine down to 6-8 psi and they flex great. Took a few times out to break them in but great after that. I run 26 psi cold on street, gave me flat wear on chalk test

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to stick with the 10 ply 13.5 toyo's... I just love the wide tire look! Even if it's not crazy 15.5 wide 40's :crazy:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Any time, I agree on width. Your stance should look same. Same bs on slabs

Attachments

• 1446585869126.jpg
    1446585869126.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom