Toyo MTs 35s on stock wheels

texas05

I just ordered 5 Toyo MT 35x12.5x17. Can I get some recommendations as starting point for air pressure? I went with the Toyo because of its heavier sidewall. Hope it's the right decision.

Ran mine at 28 on stock wheels... you'll love them

Sent from my SCH-R970 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Really ? my tires are the loudest tires I have owned except for a set of Boggers. Are you talking about MTs?

I know a lot of people put 35's on stock rims and I just put 285/75-17 on stock rims but you are looking at a much wider tire. I think Toyo recommends at least an 8.5" rim as that is like a 35X13.5 tire or there abouts. For sure going to need wheel spacers. I have 1.5" spacers and with mine I have about an 1.5" clearance up front and back about 2" so you will be close I bet.

My Toyo 35 MTs are the quietest MTs I've ever owned. And, even more importantly they perform very well off-road. You'll be quite pleased with them.

I started mine at 28psi and adjust as necessary.

I know a lot of people put 35's on stock rims and I just put 285/75-17 on stock rims but you are looking at a much wider tire. I think Toyo recommends at least an 8.5" rim as that is like a 35X13.5 tire or there abouts. For sure going to need wheel spacers. I have 1.5" spacers and with mine I have about an 1.5" clearance up front and back about 2" so you will be close I bet.

Yep, I'm running Spidertrax spacers.

My Toyo 35 MTs are the quietest MTs I've ever owned. And, even more importantly they perform very well off-road. You'll be quite pleased with them.

I started mine at 28psi and adjust as necessary.

X2^^...........My Toyos are the quietest MTs as well........excellent all around choice for a tire.......as Ryan said you should be very pleased with them. I run mine at 30 psi and check them every other fill up.

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

How are you liking the 285/75s? I am considering these over the 35s as well. Viewed side my side unmounted they seem very close in height. How do yours measure mounted?

Last edited:
WOW! those sway bar extensions are pushed way to the side... do you have them installed correctly?

Axle in the picture is at full droop with trackbar attached so thats the direction the axle gets pulled in. At ride height the links are perpendicular to the ground. This is why you install links on the ground or without the trackbar attached.

Axle in the picture is at full droop with trackbar attached so thats the direction the axle gets pulled in. At ride height the links are perpendicular to the ground. This is why you install links on the ground or without the trackbar attached.

Ahhhhhh now I see it..... My mistake

How are you liking the 285/75s? I am considering these over the 35s as well. Viewed side my side unmounted they seem very close in height. How do yours measure mounted?

I like them a lot. did a lot of snow wheeling today and were incredible. They measure exactly 33" mounted on jkur with 30psi.

Top Bottom