Tow rigs

jackjr

Half ton for life. I use a wore out 97 f-150 with 184k on the clock and a 18ft 3.5 ton big tex. I use weight distribution bars and keep the trailer brakes adjusted up. No problems tuggin it around the mountains of wv.

3/4 and one ton trucks are overkill anymore a new f-150 with the ecoboost 6 cyl can tow around 12k which is plenty to tote a jeep around. Doesn't need def, doesn't need fuel filters every other oil change, hell the oil change wont run you 100 bucks like a diesel. Gas is cheaper than diesel fuel, and a half ton is more comfortable to drive on a daily basis than a 3/4 or one ton.

Im not sayin to buy a janky ol half ton like i have, i run what i can afford. Im just saying dont overlook a half ton if youre in the market for a tow pig.

My son in-law towed my CJ5 on a Uhaul trailer from Nevada to Glendale, AZ. behind my 05 Ram 1500 without a problem. He would be one to complain if there had been a problem. It has the 5.7 Hemi and a standard automatic with around 58,000 on the clock so it is not worn out by any means. I have moved a lot of things on a Uhaul trailer in town and I don't think I would care to haul my CJ as often as I plan very far with this setup. Most of our trips will be a little more local with just a simple bumper tow. That is how I always did it with my 68 CJ behind my Ford Ranchero and I towed it all over the state.
jackjr

Rst8rox

Thanks! It’s not to bad there are a few spots with some surface rust starting. It is getting fixed up before snow flys. It makes driving with a loaded trailer like sitting on a [emoji934] lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Drove up to pick up the new boat. Can't say enough good things about my truck. I am so glad I traded the 15' in on the 17'. Huge difference in power. 15,000 lbs total with boat and trailer and I set the cruise at 75 mph, getting 12 mpg and not a hiccup. I love the new GMC. Great trucks!! Can't wait to get the boat home and get offshore!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_203246882.jpg
    IMG_20180816_203246882.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 137

wjtstudios

Hooked
Drove up to pick up the new boat. Can't say enough good things about my truck. I am so glad I traded the 15' in on the 17'. Huge difference in power. 15,000 lbs total with boat and trailer and I set the cruise at 75 mph, getting 12 mpg and not a hiccup. I love the new GMC. Great trucks!! Can't wait to get the boat home and get offshore!!!

That’s an awesome set up there! Congrats!

JKbrick

Wow that’s a heck of a boat! I have a 2019 white GMC crew cab short bed on order, being built the week of the 27th, getting tired of waiting been ordered since the first of June

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Wow that’s a heck of a boat! I have a 2019 white GMC crew cab short bed on order, being built the week of the 27th, getting tired of waiting been ordered since the first of June

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you! It will be worth the wait. Not sure if you have owned one prior but the new ones are incredible trucks. All around a great truck. Quite on the highway, plenty of power, every media option you could want including Wi-Fi. Be sure to post up yours when it comes in!

JKbrick

Thank you! It will be worth the wait. Not sure if you have owned one prior but the new ones are incredible trucks. All around a great truck. Quite on the highway, plenty of power, every media option you could want including Wi-Fi. Be sure to post up yours when it comes in!

Sure will, my last duramax was an lbz 07 classic (old body style) then I just had a Cummins I sold my son (iketj03) so we would both have tow rigs

JKbrick

It got dropped at the dealer last weekend and I picked it up tonight
IMG_4119.JPG
IMG_4120.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG
It had a couple options on it I didn’t order so they didn’t charge me for them! Score

Top Bottom