Tires for 2018 Sahara Daily Driver

Bluewaterdogs

Looking for tire recommendations on the above vehicle. Not looking to go off road, but would like tires that will perform well on snow, wet and dry roads and provide a comfortable ride with little noise. I am not happy with the OEM tires.

CalSgt

Hooked
Looking for tire recommendations on the above vehicle. Not looking to go off road, but would like tires that will perform well on snow, wet and dry roads and provide a comfortable ride with little noise. I am not happy with the OEM tires.
What size & which OEM tires don't you like?

kevman65

Hooked
The OEM for the 2018 Sahara was a Bridgestone Dueler HT which is basically a heavy duty highway tire with some All Season attributes. One of the biggest slams against them is they don't last very long.

By your description, you're wanting an All Terrain tire, but the caveat, no matter what you put on you're going to get noise. Even high end,
all season high performance tires make noise.

Your location doesn't give any help either, MidWest could mean anything from an AT to you're needing blizzard rated tires.

The more info you give, the better info you'll get.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’m pretty impressed with the Falken Wild Peak AT3 that came on my Rubicon. They are decent for a factory tire.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have been very impressed with how quiet the ridge grapplers is for how aggressive it looks. Also a friend has the newer recon grappler and he is happy with how they have performed in the rain and snow on his truck

Bluewaterdogs

I am a newbie to forums and posting. Please be patient with me. The Jeep was my Dad's who past away @ 1 month ago. My mom and I will be driving the vehicle. The tires are the Dueler HTs mentioned above. Size 255/70R18. We drove the vehicle after a recent snow storm in Southwest MI and were not impressed with the performance of the tires. Since my mom who is older will occasionally be driving the vehicle I want to make sure she has a good set of tires. I will look at reviews of the tires mentioned previously.

CalSgt

Hooked
"Best tire opinions" are like assholes... Everyone has one and theirs is the only one that doesn't stink

My favorite light truck tire for snow & ice, highway manners and quite driving is the Michelin Defender. Sometimes it's called the LTX M/S or LTX M/S II, they've changed the name of them a few times in the 18 years I've been running them. The downside is longevity, I get two years per set on my Duramax diesel truck, and my wife's AWD Yukon Denali, the new Yukon Denali XL is going on its third season but will not make it to fall before needing replacement.

duktrx

BFG KO2’s are a good daily driver tire and perform pretty good in the snow.
I have been happy with my KO2s, 50k+ miles on my last rotation, and Discount Tire said I still have ~20k of tread left.

They are not obnoxiously loud on the highway and handle snow and mud.

If you want an all terrain - something that will perform well offroad, I'd go with any of these to also retain it's on road performance in all weather conditions, road noise, and longevity:

BFGoodrich A/T KO2
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 A/T
Toyo Open Country A/T III
Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W

Or for an excellent performing all season tire with the best life expectancy:

Michelin Defender LT/X

Bluewaterdogs

So far I have driven the Falkins in the rain and on dry pavement. I am impressed with the traction in the rain and find the ride to be smooth and relatively quiet for AT tires. I haven’t driven them in the snow, but feel they will not disappoint. Aesthetically, they look awesome on the Jeep. Many thanks for all your help.

Top Bottom