Tire housing

sven

Hey guys ,

I got an JK 2 door with 40 inch nitto trail grapplers ... 3.5 inch Lift with 1 inch Bodylift. But the tire does Not fit right in the housing ... anybody got some pics from housings for 40s ? I dont Know where to trim any more :eek: (

Thanks
Kind regards from Black Forest 1479411305441.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Hey guys ,

I got an JK 2 door with 40 inch nitto trail grapplers ... 3.5 inch Lift with 1 inch Bodylift. But the tire does Not fit right in the housing ... anybody got some pics from housings for 40s ? I dont Know where to trim any more :eek: (

Thanks
Kind regards from Black Forest View attachment 231289

Housing ? Are talking about wheelwells? What back spacing wheels are you running ? Wheel spacers?

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

Welcome to Wayalife! Stop by the "Give us a Wave" thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. Also are you talking about you tires rubbing and if so, where are they rubbing?
Also maybe a mod could move this to the JK tech thread?

sven

Hey guys , thx for quick reply... sorry im from Germany... its an 9x17 backspace 18 KMC xd125 with 30mm wheel space per tire . So 60 mm per axle .. and 40x13.50x17 nittos... they rubbing inside the fenders while wheeling over Rocks

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If those are bushwacker fenders, which they seem to be, you will need to flex it out, and see where the inner molded section is rubbing. I had to trim quite a bit running 37s on my old 2 door. It all depends on the jeep tho where it needs to be done, you just need to take you time and flex then see where and go from there. Longer rear arms could help out to center the axle a little more in the wheel well.

Top Bottom