Timken wheel hubs

LAJK

I have a set of front Timken wheel bearings on my jk that I’ve had for alittle over a year now and recently started to have a a lot of traction control lights on. Went down to my local auto zone and read the codes and it reads a front right speed sensor. So my question is..... is it a possibility that the sensor is needing cleaned/adjusted or am I needing to replace the sensor?

Ddays

Hooked
It could be some dried mud or other shit got in there and is causing the faulty readings. It's pretty easy to take them out & clean up & see if that's the issue. You can even replace them if need be - they're under $20.

LAJK

It could be some dried mud or other shit got in there and is causing the faulty readings. It's pretty easy to take them out & clean up & see if that's the issue. You can even replace them if need be - they're under $20.

Alright I’ll start by cleaning them. If needing to buy a new sensor where would be the best place to purchase one?

Ddays

Hooked
Alright I’ll start by cleaning them. If needing to buy a new sensor where would be the best place to purchase one?

Quadratec has them under $20 but really any auto supply store should have them too.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have a set of front Timken wheel bearings on my jk that I’ve had for alittle over a year now and recently started to have a a lot of traction control lights on. Went down to my local auto zone and read the codes and it reads a front right speed sensor. So my question is..... is it a possibility that the sensor is needing cleaned/adjusted or am I needing to replace the sensor?

Clean it out, but if you still get the same error you might need to replace it.

jeeeep

Hooked
the ABS sensor wire can get stretched if you've wheeled with sway bar unlocked and the ABS wire not long enough for the droop.

O'Rielly BWD ABS wheel speed sensors are a little bit longer than stock

Top Bottom