Time for my JK to Evolve - Highoctane Anvil '15 Rubicon Unlimited build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well it looks like my coworker definitely wants to buy both the front AND rear Mopar UD60 axles that I have. So now it looks like I'll be able to call Offroad Evolution on Monday to see about ordering a Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well it looks like my coworker definitely wants to buy both the front AND rear Mopar UD60 axles that I have. So now it looks like I'll be able to call Offroad Evolution on Monday to see about ordering a Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle!

Nice! Congrats!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
So what seems to be the going price for a mint condition set of stock Rubicon axles from my '15 JK? Mine have like 6-7k miles on them, I forget exactly how many miles are on my Jeep. $3000 - 3500 front/rear pair seem fair?

How about new condition wheels and tires from a '15 Rubi? $850 - 900 wouldn't be absurd would it? Again, low miles. Actually my tires have less than 4-5k miles. Had them replaced when my wife drove the Jeep through a puddle of white paint in the road.

Not ready to post this stuff up until late March, just thinking what they are worth for a quick sale.

Edit: Well I really don't want to drag this stuff home on a trailer from Offroad Evolution's shop in Fullerton, CA all the way home to Prescott, AZ in a Jeep that has a brand new set of axles that will need to be driven easy for the first few hundred miles to properly break in the gears. So what I'll likely do is post a for sale add when we get closer to the 2nd week of April, which is when my Jeep gets dropped off at their shop. I think I'll list the axles for $3000 for the front/rear set and the wheels/tires for $750 for the set of 5. Hopefully those will be quick sale prices and I can get them sold while the Jeep is at Offroad Evolution and whoever buys this stuff can just pick it up there instead of me renting a uhaul trailer to take this stuff home.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
ANOTHER BIG UPDATE! Ordered the Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle through Offroad Evolution today! Build list has been updated. Also will be going with the custom Offroad Evolution dana 60 high steer kit that they only install on the PR60 axles.

I went back and forth on going with the Dynatrac axles so much over the past year, but ultimately now that it's done and my Mopar/Spicer UD axles are sold and soon to be gone, I'm glad I sucked up the extra cost and just went ahead and did it. I'll now have no worries when it come to really using the Jeep with Evo double throwdown suspension the way it was designed to be used.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I have to say, my experience thus far with Offroad Evolution has been second to none. Extremely helpful with my build, questions, and getting the Dynatrac axles ordered, no matter how busy they have been. When I first started my build I was dead set on just finding a local shop in the Phoenix valley do my build. Back in December I changed my mind after talking to the local shops, and called up Offroad Evolution. Best decision I've made. Only 8 1/2 weeks until I drive the Jeep out there to really make my Jeep EVOLVE!

uberc4

Looks like a reasonable price for axles and wheels. Good luck on your sale. I will be going through the same situation. Would like to have my stuff sold out there too so i don't have to figure out how to bring them back with me.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My wife finally told me today that the pile of Jeep parts in the garage is getting out of hand. The entire bottom shelf at the front of the garage is also all Jeep parts. I told her to make sure there's room for the Evo bumper, Warn winch, and Magnaflow exhaust that I'll be ordering next month, lol.

IMG_0029.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
My wife finally told me today that the pile of Jeep parts in the garage is getting out of hand. The entire bottom shelf at the front of the garage is also all Jeep parts. I told her to make sure there's room for the Evo bumper, Warn winch, and Magnaflow exhaust that I'll be ordering next month, lol.

View attachment 187755

You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Are her shoes and clothing collections getting out of hand?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Submitted an application for the 2016 JK Experience Alaska! Can only imagine how bad ass it would be to wheel in Alaska of all places. I've always wanted to go there. Guess now I'll see if I get a once in a lifetime chance at doing so.

CCJKUR

Submitted an application for the 2016 JK Experience Alaska! Can only imagine how bad ass it would be to wheel in Alaska of all places. I've always wanted to go there. Guess now I'll see if I get a once in a lifetime chance at doing so.

When i found out it was alaska I wanted to go so bad but dont have the funds right now to get it to the point of being ready!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
2 weeks until I drive the Jeep out to Offroad Evolution! Still buying parts even at the last minute. Ordered the exhaust today. Still haven't 100% decided on a front bumper, or a few other things. Can't wait to see my Jeep on the Dynatrac axles and Evo suspension! Looking forward to bombing across some wide open trails here in northern az to see what the double throwdown suspension can do.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
After going back and forth for the last few months on what front bumper I wanted,I finally ordered the Evo Mfg 1/4 pounder today, in steel with black powder coat. That wraps up all of the parts I needed to order, except for the winch. Still deciding on what winch to get. Talked to Drew today and my Dynatrac XD60 front and PR80 rear axles are completed!

I get home from Iraq in 10 days for a month off of work, so it'll finally be a lot of pics, and less of me just rambling on about what I bought, lol.

Napalm

Love the mud grapplers, and your entire build in general. Looks like it's going to be awesome!!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Love the mud grapplers, and your entire build in general. Looks like it's going to be awesome!!

Thanks! It's been over a year in the making getting this build to this point. Bought the Jeep Dec '14, and started buying the major parts in July last year. Now I'm finally almost there!

Top Bottom