Tie Rod

WJCO

Meme King

After watching those videos, I think you're ok there personally. You're track bar will move when you loosen that bolt, fyi, You may have to adjust that back the way it is. The trackbar keeps your axle centered under the Jeep, and with the coil springs, your axle will want to naturally favor one side, so.... to get it centered, that bar will be under 'tension' in its correct position which is why it was hard for you to get the bolt out.

Did that lower bushing have any movement when the vehicle was still assembled while someone turned it. If not, there's nothing wrong with that end of the track bar.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Also when you put that bolt back in, be very careful not to damage the threads on the end when you put it back in.

jonnyb19

After watching those videos, I think you're ok there personally. You're track bar will move when you loosen that bolt, fyi, You may have to adjust that back the way it is. The trackbar keeps your axle centered under the Jeep, and with the coil springs, your axle will want to naturally favor one side, so.... to get it centered, that bar will be under 'tension' in its correct position which is why it was hard for you to get the bolt out.

Did that lower bushing have any movement when the vehicle was still assembled while someone turned it. If not, there's nothing wrong with that end of the track bar.

No it did not. I also checked the ball joints and there was no problem there. So right now the only thing that I have found that's messed up is the passenger tie rod boot. I still need to find a angle finder and et the caster and I'll check the toe soon too. To me it feels like all the wobble starts from the passenger side.

WJCO

Meme King
No it did not. I also checked the ball joints and there was no problem there. So right now the only thing that I have found that's messed up is the passenger tie rod boot. I still need to find a angle finder and et the caster and I'll check the toe soon too. To me it feels like all the wobble starts from the passenger side.

Check wheel bearings too. Make sure your axle is centered correctly after track bar is re-installed (you may have to re-adjust it to where it was before). You could have a tire issue too. You could always rotate tires front to rear and see if the issue goes away or gets better.

Top Bottom