Tie Rod & Drag Link Replacement

WJCO

Meme King
Gotcha...ok...just trying to see if anyone is running them. Also any suggestions on something else that's stout strong? Anything else out that's non drill?

The drilling is for the drag link flip I believe. If you're not flipping it, you shouldn't have to drill anything. Same with the tie rod.

madstiles

I went with moog lifetime warranty and bought local so when I fuck it up I can get a replacement without dealing with shipping and waiting.

jeeeep

Hooked
I run the Dynatrac Ball joints, they are TOUGH! One hard wheeling session would wear out stock joints, I have yet to have an issue with the Dynatracs. My only complaint is if you live in moist environments, paint them or spray them with lubricant.

one hard wheeling session and you wore out the stock ball joints?? where were you wheeling?? I must not be wheeling hard enough, I had 80k+ miles on my front D44 ball joints before it got wrecked.

Shop that did the PR44 install tried to take me for a fool and installed stock ball joints but they've held up and now at 136k+ miles running 37's and it gets wheeled, maybe just not hard enough. I do have the set of Dynatrac ball joints that should have been originally installed but i'll put them on when the stock units wear out.

I have had two shops tell me my tie rod ends and drag links are worn. I then had my main mechanic and one of those shops check my ball joints and they both said they look fine; one of the three shops though did say I need ball joints but I have never used them before. They wanted to use the Dynatrac ball joints.

are you having issues with handling? how long did these last? I'm on board with what others have mentioned and just go stock if it didn't give you any issues.

madstiles

Their warranty covers replacement, when you smash it into a rock and make it frown?

Auto parts stores clerks don't get paid enough to care how it happened that I've seen . Same with buying tools they know you were beating on the ratchet with a mini sledge but they always give you a new one without asking questions :)

Top Bottom