tie rod clamp for hydro assist

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The two piece clamps work fine if you have the correct size. Just take a punch and hammer and add some dimples where the clamp mates to the tie rod, creating a sort of knurling, which keeps it from slipping.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree, I have never had my 2 piece clamp slip. I have seen some guys run a small weld on either side of the clamp to keep it from slipping but still allowing clocking it on the rod for alignments.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Foley

Hi,

my Fusion tire rod clamp is as solid as a weld on solution. No slip or bending ...

https://www.fusion4x4.com/online-store/1-75-Clamp-For-2-5-Ton-Tie-Rods-p81528554

whatsappimage2019-104kj14.jpeg

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I saw these but was concerned when it said not to be used with hydro assist but it's been working fine?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I haven't had any issue with it since i put it on and it's been several years

It did hit the aftermarket diff cover on my stock 44, had to trim the large fins but no issue with stock diff or the Dynatrac cover when i switched to a PR44

Exodus 4x4

I agree, I have never had my 2 piece clamp slip. I have seen some guys run a small weld on either side of the clamp to keep it from slipping but still allowing clocking it on the rod for alignments.

It’s probably been mentioned already but I always dimple the inside of the clamp with a punch before the final install. I haven’t seen a 6 bolt clamp slip yet.

Top Bottom