THUNDERTRUCK - The Future of Wheeling?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if any of you guys have seen it but a company in LA called Wolfgang recently unveiled a new concept off-road rig called the Thundertruck! In addition to having a 400 mile range and a batwing solar panel charging system, it also features a powerplant that delivers 800 HP and 800 ft lbs of torque giving you a 0-60 in just 3.5 seconds. Check it out!

a-new-off-road-electric-truck-concept-boasts-bat-wing-shaped-solar-panels_resize_md.jpg

So, would you wheel it? 😁

WJCO

Meme King
Don't know if any of you guys have seen it but a company in LA called Wolfgang recently unveiled a new concept off-road rig called the Thundertruck! In addition to having a 400 mile range and a batwing solar panel charging system, it also features a powerplant that delivers 800 HP and 800 ft lbs of torque giving you a 0-60 in just 3.5 seconds. Check it out!

So, would you wheel it? 😁
download.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
I’m not saying it’s some thing I’d be interested in, but kinda cool to see a company solving one main issue with off-road electric vehicles by making the charging system part of it, even if it does look like a flying ant.

Ddays

Hooked
What is with the trend of these electric vehicles being so high in horsepower? Granted, we all love it, but why not limit it to 3-400hp to gain range?

As for the vehicle, I like it for what it it. The solar panels are a cool idea. I guess for a camper/fisher this could be a badass vehicle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What is with the trend of these electric vehicles being so high in horsepower? Granted, we all love it, but why not limit it to 3-400hp to gain range?

As for the vehicle, I like it for what it it. The solar panels are a cool idea. I guess for a camper/fisher this could be a badass vehicle.
I don't think it's a trend, it's just that electric motors produce crazy amounts of immediate torque and power. If you go easy on the throttle, you will get more range. On something like a Tesla, if you're low on juice, it'll put you in a limp mode to conserve power and give you more range. It's actually annoying as fuck to see on a highway that has 70-80 mph speed limits as they cause a traffic jam. This is something I've personally seen.

jeeeep

Hooked
Fine print on charging with batwing:
"Requires 12 hours of solar charging, add 3 additional hours for cloudy days, travel by night only to allow maximum charging. Do not stand within 100 feet when solar panels fully deployed during first 5 hours of charging due to possible EMF exposure.
WARNING: This product can expose you to [see insert printed with .05 font size for additional information], which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not saying it’s some thing I’d be interested in, but kinda cool to see a company solving one main issue with off-road electric vehicles by making the charging system part of it, even if it does look like a flying ant.
I agree. It's a hell of a lot more interesting to me than a pitiful 22 mile range and telling people that's saving the planet. That or pretending a single charging station at the end of a trailhead is gonna solve the problem of how to wheel in remote locations.

Bierpower

Hooked
I’m just not into electric vehicles... Nuclear Fusion Powered Jeeps is where I’ll put my money.
But nuclear isn't green like using giant diesel powered vehicles and ships to strip mine lithium and ship it around the world for virtue signaling. That's the kind of green initiative we need. If people don't know your "green" is it really solving any problems at all?

One of the first electric concepts that actually has solar charging. Bout time. It’s ugly as hell, but Not sure why everyone hates on electric so much as the tech keeps getting cheaper to produce and more feasible, more people buy electric less people making my gas expensive 😂

Spazbyt

Hooked
One of the first electric concepts that actually has solar charging. Bout time. It’s ugly as hell, but Not sure why everyone hates on electric so much as the tech keeps getting cheaper to produce and more feasible, more people buy electric less people making my gas expensive 😂
I agree this technology is exciteing but at no time befor or after this "transition" will you "save" money. Like magic your electric bill will go up to make up for all that gas you were buying.

Top Bottom